My boy broke my heart

My boyfriend just broke up wit me but says that he still want's to be with me forever. We are only 18 and have been dating since we were 15 and he says he just wants to be himself for a while and not a couple He says he wants me to "Experince" other people so that I don't regret being with him after we're married. I don't feel that I need to do this. He says that nothing bad can come out of us taking a break for a while but I feel that nothing good will either. We have pretty much lived together for the past two years and I recently had to move for college and he says the distance is too hard. I was about to transfer home next semester but he doesn't seem to care. I'm very confused... if he loves me then why break it off...just for a while?

I know it hurts A LOT right now, but it's time to begin looking forward and focus on yourself, and not try to patch this up. In the short-term, if you and he can remain 'friends', there maybe some type of future for the two of you, although I'll suspect that college will put the final nail in this coffin. Of course, by the time the first year of college is over, you'll both be very different people than you are right now. I don't say this to frighten you, it's just that the maturity that you'll gain in this period of your life will make things look very different to you than they do now. I know it's hard right now, but try to look upon this as a good memory, but leave it there and move on.

I'd have to agree with Shy_guy.

By the end of the first year you will be very different. But essentially I would have to agree with your boyfriend. I am touched by his strength and honesty by telling you. As you should be as well. He is not doing as many other by leading on, lying, or hurting you by keeping the relationship together while all of these changes are taking place.

I know it hurts and it will be hard. But be strong and focus on your schooling and yourself now. You are about to enter a most exciting part of your life.

Enjoy it. God will be with you.