Should I be in love

Pepe1607306437

Well I will try my best to make this short. I am a 36 year old male that has been separated from my wife for two years. I have asked my wife for a divorce I know to move on with my life. I have meet a 22 year old girl that has a 10mnt old and is married. I never ment for things to go as far as they have but I cant change things now. We both are very much in love and not rushing into any new relationship until she leaves her husband and we have more time to know each other. I have told her I would give her all the time she needed but I never thought I would fall this much in love with her or her fall in love with me. We do talk during the day several times and email often. I do talk to her every night that her husband is not around but its the nights she is with him and she cant call that are tearing me apart. She tells me she will leave her husband by the end of the year to get things in order but he has a way of controlling her. I am afraid she wont because of this. Now I sit here night after night waiting on maybe a phone call for a couple of minutes or if I see her I never want her to go. I have been in many relationships before but never in my life felt this way for someone. I share more with her than I ever have with anyone. she seems to know every little thing about me and I don't mind. All I want to do is think about her and thats hard coming from someone that has always put business before love. She is my first thought in the morning , my last at night and throughout the day. I don't know if I should leave and tell her to come back when she is free or wait it out. How can I walk away from someone I do love so much?

Where to start.

I can empathize with your situation but despite the feelings you have for each other there are several things you need to consider.

Beyond the large differences in ages and in all probability, life experiences, being that you are at least separated, you are doing her a grave disservice being involved with her until she has unencumbered herself from the marriage she is still in. Despite the fact that her husband may be manipulative, at some point SHE is the one who ultimately has come to the conclusion on whether or not to get out. I think that any influence you put towards her would just be another example of someone trying to 'tell her what to do', and in the long run, I think she'll regret it.

Personally, I think you need to back off until she gets HERSELF and her own situation in order. (BTW, I don't think deadlines and target dates are of any value either, they just add another level of stress to what is already a difficult situation). I think you and she need to agree to resume once she is free and clear, but not before then. If she manages to get out, you two can then live happily ever after. If she either does not get out, or that once she DOES, but things no longer work for the two of you, then it wasn't meant to be in the first place.

Just my seven cents worth, hope it helps.

Archived