Pointers on asking out?

Well lucky you! In Alaska you have an advantage since you are a female. Alaska has the highest male to female ratio making you in the minority. Here's something that would work with me... just be honest. You don't have to let him know you are asking him out. Just ask him the same question you posed here: "I'm wondering if you can give me pointers on asking a guy out that I am interested in?" See where that takes you. Just be normal, that's all us guys want. Check out this link too: census.gov/Press-Release/www/2001/cb01cn181.html

• 3 months later...

Hmmm, that's always an awkward situation for girls (from what I can tell anyway). I should think that the easiest thing for you is just make it very clear that you like the guy, hopefully he'll reciprocate and ask you out. If you know the guy really likes you and is just too shy to ask you out then I would say make the first move, it will make him feel a lot better. But on the other hand if you don't know whether he likes you or not then being the one asking him out may be a little akward if he turns you down, in this case the best situation would be to follow my first advice. Some ways to let him know you're interested are just to give him all your attention when you're talking to him, look him in the eye, smile alot, laugh at his jokes, be physical (I'm not talking about grabbing his crotch, but when he hugs you don't shy away, and don't be afraid to lay your head on his shoulder, lay on the couch with him when you two cats are hanging out, etc.), and just try to make him feel better about himself. If he doesn't get the point by then, he's pretty damn dense.