Both me and my ex wife have married other people. She still wants to "keep in touch". I know that I still love her and she claims to still love me. She has remarried her first husband. After all that she has told me about the way he treated her, she goes and remarries him. I believe that she likes certain aspects of both of us. Please help.

Zo

• 1 month later...

I will love to help you but unfortunately I can't. It's going to sound very odd to you, but in fact you may be able to help me in return. You see I am French and I was married to this beautiful woman. I live in California now. We were together for 11 years and we were married 3 years. I thought we had a great relationship, we wanted the same things out of live, we were very communicative, we never fought ...... what seems the perfect relationship. One day out of the blue, she tells me that she felt in love with her boss who happened to be much older (he is 54 and she is 38). Then she starts telling me that she loves me but she is not in love with me, and she has never been. She then left and married this other guy in less than 10 months and she doesn't speak to me anymore. I still love her very much and wonder if one day she will come back to me. I know it's sound crazy but when you are in love...... Where you can help me , it's by telling me how many years went by between the moment she left her first husband and the moment she returned to him, what was the kind of feelings she had back then when she left him (hate, promise herself to never speak to him anymore ....), did they have children together, did they stay in contact somehow, how was your own relationship going ...... I know this is probably very painful for you but your problem may help me in a way or another. I feel very bad to ask you all these questions but I am looking for the answers to my questions for aone year now and nobody so far has been able to help me. Sorry for my english too! I wish you the best and sincerely hope that you will find the answer to your own question. Thank you for helping me!

In response to your reply. My ex wife, in my opinion, had always had some type of relationship with her ex husband. She claimed that she had so many problems getting child support out of him. Our relationship faced many difficulties. I have lost many friends as well as the relationship with my mother because of my involvement with her. I still love her more than any woman that I've ever known. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about her and long for her. As for you my friend, it is best to let her go. You cannot keep someone where they don't want to be. If she is to come back to you, It's going to have to be up to her, then up to you if you want her back. I know how you feel. To this day, I still wonder "what if". Good luck to you. May GOD bless you and heal your heart. Her scar will always be there.

• 2 weeks later...

you, my friend, have to sit and think about this one.... is she just clinging on as a last resort? or does she really want to be friends? my boyfriend has been divorced for 6 years, his ex wife calls constantly, but they have 3 children together... so that's a little different. but she wants him to be there for her every little problem! so you need to decide if she is honestly friendly, or if she's out for the sympathy. but look at my man's situation... he hates her, but has to deal with her. he tells her not to call, but she does, at least 3 times a week! does your ex stay in contact often?

also, i would like a reply on my situation pleeaase?

• 2 months later...

I just came accross this and want to say that I am right there with you folks. My wife and I have known eachother since High School and have been married for almost 5 years now (we are in our early 30's). We have two beautiful children and all was going well. She has had some problems lately, and I can no longer tolerate the way she is choosing to handle them. We have decided to separate and my hope is that she will get her problems fixed and that "true love" will prevail. My fear is that she is not as devoted as I am and that she will lose sight of the future that we can provide together for our children. I keep getting these negative thoughts that she is looking for the quick fix of new companionship and not address her real problems. This - of course - has me feeling insecure and insignificant - FOR NO GOOD REASON. This has been very unhealthy, but I have hope. We are divorcing as friends, and hopefully that will help things to come to pass favorably.

As was said before. You have to let them go and hope that they will come back, but I am realizing that there is little I can do to change things and that worrying serves no good but to mess me up mentally. I will continue to be a good person and a great father, but as for her - I can only wait and concentrate on the good things in life. Hopefully this will give you something to think about.