after the effects of september 11 have passed who do we turn to? CNN, NBC, CBS, and ABC apparently. I hope not to offend anyone who may read this but, hey everyone's thinking it and no one's saying it. I am as they say 'e plurbus unum' on this particular subject, and I'm sure a great many of you who may read this may think I'm a bible thumper or what what-have-ya; and that's ok this is what makes Americans what we are. Why I ask, did everyone, after a tradgedy such as this say "why us?" or if God is real, why would he let something like this happen; all those innocents die?' ? Well God, my fellow Americans, is no longer allowed in this country. As a Christian, I feel I am pretty open-minded; I don't hate gay people; nor do I think sex, drugs, and rock and roll is beyond my capabilities. But I do believe that Christ died for these sins. But did Christ die for those 3000+ people who died last year? Yes, and also the people who did the crime. Most people these days, younger people like me in general, aren't aware of Christ; nor do they really choose to want to know him. Is that the parents fault? Not completely. Is it the schools? Not entirely. Is it the government? Not really. Is it yours; better yet is it mine? This could be it. I say this because we, meaning Americans in general (cruel generalization intended) shut God out of America. Why because we are selfish people. Ok so I donated to United Way; or yeah, I helped MY church with the needy children at Christmas; or Hey! I gave can food to get into that ball game at a discounted price. Nowadays it seems like corporations and organizations practically have to bribe us to do some thing nice for our fellow Americans. Or a national tradgedy binds us. Until something else comes on; hurry up change the channel America. later.

• 5 months later...

Open your narrow eyes, to the Broad world.

Everything that you mentioned has been going on in this world since man has been on it. There has always been war, hurt, disease, murders, senseless acts or unmoral actions.

God is present but only the individual can choose to accept him. A gift of life is a gift of choice. Only man can deny the lord, he will not force himself unto you. That is his/her choice.

But as Christians, it is our job to appeal to the masses and help others and bring others closer to god. Not the government or any other man based system of control.

As far as tragedy, we have seen some in our short time on this earth but death and despair has happened for thousands of years. Look at the World War 2 and the holocaust, World War 1, the Vietnam War, slavery, and many endless others.

The media makes their money by selling stories for commercial spots. This is how they operate, make a profit, and pay their employee's.

God is waiting for you... Just talk to him.