help me ask her out

Im a freshman in high school. I have almost no experience with girls. I could easily handle asking out someone in the adult way, which is like "hey, wanna go have lunch/dinner/do something?" I learned that from movies. BUT, i want to ask this girl out. My problem? What is it high schoolers do on a date? where do we go? If i were to ask her out and she says yes, what then? Im not too worried about my chances. Many of the female persuasion have expressed interest in me and told me im cute. But what do i do about the above problem?

well i have a sugestion, go up to her when she is alone and there is no chance of you being looked at and mocked, and tell her how u feel about her and then tell her that u want to be with her or how ever u want to word that. and then if she says yes then ask her go out on a date some time in the near future liek in the week or weekend so that u two can get to know each other more and make sure u call her every day like after school and at night or something liek that because talking on the phone is where high schoolers grow closer to each other. Good Luck if u havnt done it already.