talking to my shy girlfriend

my girlfriend is really shy.its kinda a problem because when i talk to her i ask a few questions or start talking but she gives me short answers and i cant keep the conversation going.when i call her on the phone i run out of things to talk about and then it is all quiet.i can never talk long on the phone to her because that silence is very akward,so i usually just tell her i have to get off the phone or i have to do something else. if there is anything you can post that might help my relationship please post it. by the way my name is alex,im 14,and i'm in 9-th grade.

Do you have the same interests as her? If so, then just talk about that. I don't know how long you two have been dating, but if you are just starting out then just give it some time. I used to be shy around my g/f, and it took me a month for me to finally shed my shyness. Just give it some time. Talk about school, about her family, about your family, ask if she's gone anywhere exciting. Go see a movie, then talk about it with her. What was your favorite part, what was her favorite part, did you like it, did she like it. Find out if you have any common interests, and then discuss them with her. Ask about her day. From my experience that has always worked for me. I would ask my g/f about her day, and she would go on an on about her homework, what happened in class, and so forth. She just needs to be comfortable around you, and if you have just started this relationship then it might take some time.

Try to make her laugh. This will loosen her up a little, and she might start to relax. That's probably what you have to do. Just make her relaxed as possible, and I'm sure she will start to talk to you, and give you more than one word awnsers.