Bad, is it bad?

Hi,

I have a problem, well several. At the moment I'm worrying whether I have bad breath? I just read at a site for attracting love, that you shouldn't have bad breath. It worries me. There is always something wrong with me.

I have been told on occasions that I have bad breath but haven't been told for awhile.

I'm wondering can someone love me for my bad breath? I look at couples who smoke and yet they seen happy, or one smokes and the other doesn't. Yet they are together.

Why can't I be loved? Why can't i just have the pleasure of loving someone? Surely bad breath isn't the only thing in the world.

Can someone give me some advise please? I don't want to be thinking these thoughts etc.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Teresa,

A long time ago I had a similar phobia. Bad breath is caused by bacteria. My advice to you, is to brush your teeth after each meal and carry around a pack of mints. This way, it should never be an issue. In the long run, nobody does care. For initial attraction, in the totally superficial sense, I'd just treat your mouth like any other part of your body. Would you expect a guy to ask you out if you didn't shower? Good hygiene is respected and healthy. All in all, you need to keep your chin up. Confidence is the biggest attraction.

M

First, as far as bad breath goes, look at trioral. Trioral is a godsend and a cure. I promise. Second, you really need to reduce your anxiety and become secure with yourself to find secure love. Let me assure you, you are of course lovable. Look into Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD). For the most part, it effects people who have problems with their appearance, but also covers body and breath oder. You also said there is something always wrong with you, so that rang a bell too. If this is what you're experienceing, understanding your anxiety might help. Good luck and don't give up.