Help, Asking a girl out!

Hello everyone. I have quite the problem. I've known this girl for a while now (about a year) and we are okay friends. I really like her accept i'm not sure at all on how to approach her and ask her. I've gotten all the signals (smiles, eye contact, biting lips, playing with jewlery, calling me by my full name nicely). She keeps giving them to me then acting like a friend again and then giving them too me again. I want to know what to do, and fast because this other guy was hitting on her today. Pls help!. Thanks

Just go for it--tell her you're attracted to her, and you'd like to go out sometimes. Have you ever hung out as friends, or have you never even gone out as friends? I'm afraid for you that since this has been going on for so long that even if she is attracted to you she will get tired of waiting for you to do something. So I'd do something now. If you've been hanging out as friends at least you know she likes hanging out with you--that's a start. If you've never hung out as anything it's a little more daunting but if you really like her that much you should go for it, otherwise you'll regret it--ESPECIALLY since that other guy has been hitting on her lately. Good luck!