I feel like I'm losing my husband but I don't understand why

I need some peoples' help on how to deal with my situation. I am common law married to a wonderful guy. My last name is even his last name on everything. We had been living together for a little over two years when he decided that he didn't know what he wanted anymore. He is now living with his parents and I had to move back in with my dad and my little brother (my mother died a little over two years ago.) He tells me that he still loves me and we always hang out together, but he says that he doesn't want to jump back into a relationship too fast. He says that he wants things to work out between us but that his #1 concentration right now is to get our unnecessary bills paid off and then we can focus on our relationship. He is a guy that always says what he feels so I know if he didn't want to be with me anymore or if he was seeing someone else he would tell me. But how can he be seeing someone else anyway if we are always together? Does someone out there (men especially) know what is happening here? I never thought that he would do this.....but I guess you learn to never underestimate the impossible. He even tells me that he loves me on the phone at times. What is going on here?

• 2 months later...

give him a little room. be understanding (or try to be). if you question him over and over again...or beg...or cry to him it will only push him farther away. my husband did the same thing. i think at some time we all get a little confused. especially when you're looking at a problem. finacial or not. don't back off completely. but, give him a little space. if you crowd him...he will run. at first i cried night and day. he got frustrated and pushed me farther away. convinced it was over and that i had somehow screwed up...i backed off a little. but, then a few days later, he came to me asking if we could work things out.

i don't have any answers as to why this has happened to your relationship. i wish i did. im sorry. i hope things work out for you. although it may sound corny. try reading up on relationships. men are from mars women are from venus. great book by john gray phd. good luck.