Ok, let me start from the beginning. For the past 2 weeks, I have been in IL (a little north of Chicago) on business. I met a woman while I was there, and we spent alot of time with each other. We seem to REALLY get along well. We're both incredibly comfortable with eachother. (I feel more comfortable with her than I did with a girl I was in a 2 year relationship with)

Anyway, my time in IL has now ended, and I'm back home in Wisconsin now. Before I left IL, we talked a bit about continueing to see eachother. She has had bad luck with a long distance relationship in the past, but it sounds like we're going to give it a shot anyway. Heres where I need your help/advice.

I've never been in a long distance relationship. I have really no idea on exactly how this is going to work. If I had been dating this woman for a while, and one of us had to leave to college or something, I think it would be a different situation, since we both were already in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. However, since I just started dating this woman 2 weeks ago, it changes things a bit. It is not a monogamus relationship (Though, I personally don't have any urge to see anyone else, and I dont THINK she does), but its still in the infancy stage of the relationship.

So, we're still in the stage of the relationship where I'm trying to get to the point of commitment. Which is complicated by the fact we live 2 hours apart. Since we don't live SUPER far apart, we should still be able to see eachother no less than once a month. If it were up to me, I would be with her every weekend, though I'm sure she wants some time to spend with other people

Heres where I need your advice.. How exactly do I continue this relationship? I wish I could be more specific about what I need to know, but I've never been in this situation before so theres lots of unknown factors for me. How often should I call her? How often should I try to see her? Should I try to get a commitment even though we've only been dating for 2 weeks? (certinally would make having a long distance relationship less stressful, but I think it might be premature considering the amount of time we've known eachother..) .. etc etc... I dunno, theres about a million questions I could ask.

Please post your opinions/advice.. It will be VERY appreciated.

Thanks!

--Joe

PS. I hope this all makes sense to you, I wrote this right before I went to sleep.. kinda tired

• 6 months later...

Is that 2 hours flight or car trip?

ok, remember that a relationship is only part sexual the rest is sharing experiences and life. think of all the women and men who have cyber relationships because it fills an emotional gap that their spouses are failing in. or other successful pairings of lovers that have gotten to know each other first over the net.

What im trying to say is, that a long distance relationship is dificult, its not impossible, so just keep talking to her, overthe net, over the phone, letters, etc. also ask her about her life too, listen.

Whenever a holiday comes up, go see her, dont pressure her to commit, you have to respect the initial conditions of the way you started the relationship. if she is going out with someone else, and really starts to fall in love with you, she will eventually feel uncomfortable with others, but give it time. be yourself and communicate alot.