Question to shy guys

I have been exchanging smiles and occasional 'hi's with a very nice-looking guy at the gym every weekend for 6 months. I finally introduced myself last week, just to find out he is very shy. But I feel he is interested in me (& my friend who came to check what's going on agrees). I would like to get to know him more but do not want to sound too nosey by asking him all the questions. Talking about myself too much without being asked doens't sound right to me either. But at this point I can't find anything common between us (beside workout) to talk about.

Questions to shy guys (I apologize in advance if I sound too gender stereo-typing): Would you feel offended if a girl asks you out (before you have enough nerve to ask her out)? Thanks!

I may wait to ask him out for a while, until we can carry a little bit more conversation at the gym. But it is good to to know it is okay for a girl to ask a guy out. I know I am too stereo-typing, but in my very limited experiences, guys always asked all the questions, phone number and out for a date.

Shy people tend to become less shy, with a familiar face. I would talk to this person for a few days/weeks until you see them open up somewhat. This will have the added effect of (hopefully) making the guy feel a bit more self-confident

It's true that guys are generally acknowledged as the ones to initiate these things. That doesn't mean a woman shouldn't, it just means it's unusual

To put it simply, the guy will either be flattered, or intimidated. If he's imtimidated, then what do you mind? He's shy anyway... far too much effort needed

It's tough. For me, if I like someone, and someone else takes an interest in me, I'm not going to pay much attention to that person. The greatest thing that happened to me was when the grl of my dreams liked me as well. We're both shy but she managed to open up to me. Her laugh, her smile, the way she looked at me, etc. Someone once said that two shy people is too shy too much. hehe... i dunno where i was going. i'm remembering the good days with her b4 it all ended.

take a shot and see where it leads. you might be surprised. it was her that initiated the kiss that started it all. u shouldn't hold yourself back with fear and assumptions. if it all goes nowhere, you will have less regrets than you would if you wait for nothing to happen.

• 3 months later...

I'm a pretty shy guy when it comes to attractive women. And I'll be honest. There's nothing better in the world than having the girl of my dreams talk - and talk about anything, nothing, it doesn't matter. You can capture this guy's attention forever if you are forward and make things happen. It happened to me! She was very kind to me and showed me much more attention than she did for anyone else. It worked. She made me feel special and we were together for more than 3 years.

• 2 weeks later...

I love it when girls pick me up--it makes my day. I tell the fellas "yo, this girl picked ME up today." No matter what the girl looks like, the fact that she took what she wanted makes all us guys feel better.

I used to be really shy until my acne went away. What you should do is smile a lot and make physical contact. Make it nonchalant--like after he just did the bicep machine, touch his arm and go "wow, I bet when you clap your hands it starts raining" Then, he'll laugh (if a shy guy laughs, it's in the bag). Then, exchange info before he leaves. That's what girls did to me, similar anyway, when I was in my shy phase.

• 4 weeks later...

Like elgilicious, i am a good looking person (im 16), and i get alot of attention from girls. However, as elgilicious knows, im a very picky person, and im always turning down girls, because unless i think shes the one, i dont see the point (althaugh i did say yes to some girls, but nothing came of it). So basically, i don't really like in when some girls ask me out - sure its a nice feeling, but you know, i don't wanna see them hurt

But yeah, if you dont ask him out, you wont know (i sure wish this girl i liked wasn't shy and confusing!). Go for it, and even if he thinks your ugly or whatever, he will be happy, not offended, cause thats how i feel... until i feel guilty for saying no.

Obtain information on possible common interests and neutral grounds.

If he drinks coffee, ask for some time at a local cafe or the like. Make your measures simple and not too forthcoming. Some people are more shy in places like gyms than they are in other areas, don't dig too deep too fast or he may feel intruded upon and or insecure. Find a little niche you can work with and go from there.

Remember, it does not always have to be "asking out" per se, something as simple as "Would you like to go out to (insert idea here)?" could work wonders. The (to) in that previous statement implies far less to most people than one might think. Also it can often give an air of simple friendship which is really the foundation for any good relationship, if you can't be friends with someone what have you really..?