I understand that I have no control over what has happened or will happen. My girlfriend and I broke up 1 week ago. She moved to KC from Iowa city, 1.5 years ago. I treated her very badly. I realize that now. we still talk and are good friends. I know in my heart that she and I will get married someday. She moved away because she said she couldnt be the person she wanted to be down here. I understand that, but she also said she needs some space to figure thigs out. I know she and I both need to date other people to know for sure whether she is the one for me, but after one week, she has already started a serious relationship. I am changing my ways, and becoming the person I want to be. I know that I really screwed up. She did nothing but give me her all, and I mistreated her. I know that I can give her everything she needs, and I can and will be the person that she needs in her life. I only want the best for her, and I do want her to be happy, even if it is with this other guy, but I pray for him to screw up, so that I may have another chance to show her my true self. Its gotten to the point where I cant even eat. I have had maybe 5 meals in the last 9 days. And I cant even sleep in my own bed, because the only memories I have in it are of her. I am not sure what response I am looking for, but I would appreciate some words of wisdom form anyone.

I am in the exact same situation. I was in a four year relationship and she loved me so much and always wanted to marry me. I always took good care over her, loved her but I always also put her down and got angry at her for no reason. She recently was on a 2 month vacation and after she came back, we were both stressed and things blew up. She broke up wiht me and she met a new guy in the vacation. He is coming to live with her. We both can't sleep/eat. I want her back ... I showed her in the week before the other guy is coming that I am changing and she knows that. Even though she ended it, she still held my hand ... and sometimes told me she loves me. but she seems determined not get back with me. She wants me to be her friend forever. I want the other guy to screw up to get a chance. I don't know what to do. I miss her and love her and regret everything I did. Any advice?