Confused

There is this girl that I met through a friend. I went in expecting to possibly make a new friend. Man, I was in for a shocker. What struck me first was her amazing eyes, and uncannily straight hair. Even the way she walked was entrancing. She was an even better person. She was very intelligent, fun, and energetic. These are the three biggest things I look for in girl. I came out with it right away. I explained to her that along with her obvious physical beauty, I was especially attracted to her beauty within. She was flattered(or so it seemed) but somewhat despondent. After that day she didn't call for awhile, and I was worried that I had lost her as a friend too.

Finally, she called about a week later. christian. She went on to tell about a conference she attended this past year. She said she met this guy there, and immediately knew she was going to marry him. I was taken aback, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She explained that God showed her that it was him she was supposed to marry. After that, we started hanging out again. Finally, I will get to the point. When we would hang out she would always be hugging me, complimenting me endlessly, or laughing at even the dumbest jokes I would tell. Basically, my question(s)are this. Is this normal behavior for a girl towards a guy friend? She did mention that she wanted to be single until the day of her aforementioned marriage. I'm wondering if maybe Eddie(the supposed groom), is maybe just a defense mechanism to ward me off? If this is so, why is she so affectionate towards me.

Hey, that doesn't sound like a bad situation. I'd like to have a girl "Friend" who is loving like that but with no strings attached. Make new friends and double date, have fun.

What can ya say. God made her do it. Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

I really don't think its that big of a deal. I know, to you it must be because there is so many emotions going on inside of you right now. The best thing for you to do is ask her, and tell her how you feel. It's a lot better than assuming, and guessing how she feels. And if she laughs at you, or tells you she just wants to be friends with you, then thats really your answer. You will still have her as a friend, if she feels that way for you, but it will be hard to think of her only as a friend. I actually don't think God "made" her do it, or it was part of God's plan. People should always rely on how they feel about that special someone. If they are the best thing in your life, then yes, God sent them to you. But always be aware that people change, and not to have high expectations about what will happen. That's all i have to say, i hope somehow i helped.