Im goin off to college but my GF is still in High School

I need a little advice on how i can make a long distance relationship work...I leave for college in roughly 30 days...i know it should be an exciting time for me to go off and be on my own...but its not...sure its the school i want to be in, but who i want there isnt there...My gf is still goin to be in high school...She has doubts about what is goin to happen to us once i leave...I try my best to be respectful, sweet, caring, and a gentlemen at all times for her...Im totally crazy about her, and dont wana lose my girl....

Im not goin all that far away its a 1 hour drive...I dont want to lose her i finally found some1 i am happy with and now it all may come crashing down because i cant be home a lot...

Help ME!

Rhino

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did the same thing. The college I attended was only 30 minutes away from my home town and my girlfriend was still there in high school.

Truthfully, I feel I ***ed up. I broke it off. There were so many things going on at that time. I never cheated on her, I broke it off before anything happened (Kissing or sex). The first 2 days in college alone, there were new women all extremely friendly walking around the dorms looking to meet new people.

You'll see many people in your situation. I bet you if you watch them closely, you see many of those same people with girlfriends/boyfriends back home end the semester with a different person.

Even at 30 mins, it was still difficult. She was over there and I was over here. We lasted for a few months, then I told her it just wasn't going to work out.

Like I said, I think I ***ed up. She was beautiful, caring, and genuine. I still think about her sometimes even at age 26.