Should I leave my jealous boyfriend?

I have been seeing my boyfriend for 7 months now. All aspects of our relationship seem to be perfect except for his jealousy. Anytime we go out he constantly acuses me of looking at other guys. When I deny this he says he sees it with his own eyes and thereforeeeeee I can never win. He does not live in the same town as me and is also suspicious that I am with other guys when he is not around. He says he is like this because an ex girlfriend cheated on him but I should not have to suffer for her mistakes.

Is there any cure for jealousy? Do you think counselling or some kind of therapy would help or should I just call it a day?

hi there,

girl i know how you feel i had a boyfriend called nic a while ago and he was always suspious of me its like he didnt trust me if it carries on i reckon you should warn him to stop because a relationship can't survive without trust.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there.

I had this issue personally with my girlfriend. I mean, I was the one that was jealous. Fortunately, I'm not aware of my current or past girlfriends cheating on me so I haven't had my confidence destroyed yet.

Its something that I grew out of. I accepted that she was going to find attractive features in other men and there was nothing I can do about it. Its the same as when I find something attractive about another woman I see. As long as she doesn't act on impulse I can live with it.

If you are constantly at other guys while at the table with him, then you just need to have some respect for him. You know if you are doing it or not. Something that I found helped for women and it would probably work for men as well, is advertise you are with HIM. When you introduce him, be sure that you add the "my boyfriend " part. Work the fact that you have a boyfriend into your conversation whenever you meet a new guy. Hold his hand, etc. I did this with my girlfriend and her confidence with me skyrocketed.

How was the building process started for me? My girlfriend broke up with me and I got better for the next one. She didn't allow me to pull that crap with her. She didn't plead with me, she said it needed to stop. If he accuses you because you glance up cause something catches your eye and you don't continue to stare, call it a day.

This is all assuming you have had talks about this.

• 3 weeks later...

Katey,

I know from experience that jealous behavior from a boyfriend is controlling and abusive. I have heard the same line before, "I am like this because my ex-girlfriend cheated on me." I definitely think he needs therapy. At least let him know this behavior bothers you. If you swallow all this garbage you will go nuts and crack.