I LOVE MY MANAGER.

I've been working at my current work place for a little over a year now. To this day I'm still very interested in one of my managers who happens to be 6 years older than I. She's 28 and I'm 22. Within the first few weeks of meeting her I began to flirt with her and I asked a lot of curious questions about herself. I knew I had real feelings for her. We got along well and still do. I then asked her if she was seeing someone and she was at the time and still is, I've met the boyfriend on separate occasions. Since then I have maintained a professional, yet friendly/flirtatious relationship with her at work. I know she knows how I feel about her however I've never verbally expressed my feelings to her. Body language expresses quite a bit. I know realistically I haven't got a chance with her due to our age gap and living status. I think about her quite often. I think I'm in love with her. I feel stuck. I keep rationalizing and telling myself that there's nothing I can do. Or is there?

I've tried to explain my situation as best I can so I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

A tough nut to crack, and a much more common problem than you think. I don't think the age gap is a problem, the problem is you are in love with her. If you approach her with your feelings, and she says something hurtful, well I don't know what you are like and how well you handle these things, but it could drive you into a deep depression depending on how you handle these things.

So if you can think of broaching the topic more discreetly, in a way that doesn't really set you up for rejection, this might be a good option. Something like "What do you think about older girls and younger guys?", or something like that (just off the top of my head). And don't tell her your feelings at work, it could ruin your day. Tell her when you guys are out and her boyfriend isn't around.

Older women do tend to like younger guys, but the majority of them are already hooked up with more mature guys. A friend of mine, 22, had sex with an engaged 31 year old in his car, she practically screwed him, he didnt even ask for anything. So older women have definitely got it on.

You shouldn;t be thinking about getting serious with a girl this age, the gap is too large, so wipe it out of your mind. If you have your mind set on something short term, like a one night stand or something, then I would keep going for it. Send her sms's or phone her up from time to time. Try and get her on a weekend when her boyfriend is away, or wait for them to break up. Or better yet, find another woman!!!

i really dont think that the age should be a problem her b/f should be. when you flirt does she flirt back is one of the questions you should really ask yourself. if the answer is yes then you need to find out why. she could really like you too or be after so fun or just be a flirty person. if she flirts ask her what she means by the flirting. if she says nothing then there are plenty on fish in the sea.

When confusion prevails, always seek advise that equates to fair-play.

Having an intimate relationship with your manager who is already hooked-up with a guy is a ***bad*** idea; not to mention: dishonest/immoral.

Short-term bottomline mentality in life will get you more problems in life than it is worth. So do not act on your desires; act on you intellect and *good* morals. If you are lacking *good* morals in this area in life, then I suggest you find out Who created you and Who you are *ultimately* accountable to.

A girl/guy that cheats on her/his partner cannot be trusted period!

Your feelings for you manager are what could be termed as "puppy-love". What you really need is a committed relationship, ie. marriage!