I used to work next to this girl. I've known her for about a year and about four months ago we started becoming pretty close friends. We went out to lunch a few times, and I asked her out to a movie once and she said "yeah, we should go" but we never were able to set a time. She quit that week and we ended up not going.

This was about two months ago. I've talked to her about once or twice a week since then. I've asked her out a couple of times and she always said she was busy(she gave an excuse). I felt like I was starting to bug her so I decided to give her some room and after a week of not having contact with her she called just to say hi.

We're supposed to go with two other people as a group of friends to a show in a few weeks but I'm not sure how to act towards her. Do I flirt heavily and get touchy or just treat her as a close friend? Should I ask her out one more time? I really like her and don't want to ruin things by pushing too much. She's giving me mixed signals so I don't know what to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you should tell her straight out that you're interested, and ask her how she feels. She's probably already got an idea, and really, you've got nothing to lose. If she turns you down, accept it and move on. good luck!

First of all, you should look for commitment. Next, look for a partner who also looks for commitment. Short-term intimate relationships are literally a *drain* on a healthy social life.

Look for stability in a relationship if you want to live a stable life and experience personal growth.

Look for unstable relationships if you want to live a risky life which can be an obstacle to personal growth.

If this girl is giving you unstable signals about the relationship she wishes with you, then be sincere but subtle and ask her. You will know it if she indicates a definite yes. Else be friends, and accept the fact that she will find a partner other than you in her life.