Like almost everyone else I want my ex back!

I had been in a relationship for a year and 4 months. I fell in love with this girl and she loved me or so I thought. We broke up about a month ago and I still can't get over her. She says that she still has feelings for me but she's not sure if it is love. There are things that she does not like about me. And I'm trying my best to work on them. I have tried my best to be her friend but it's so hard. I try not to call and not go out w/ her but I love her so much that i always end up doing it. I would like to know is there anything I could do to win her back. This is my first serious relationship. She's hoping that we get back together but she is not sure when or if ever! Please help! Any advice will do! Thank you!

i know what you are going through. i am in the same situation. i don't want to call her or even go out with her but I always end up doing so too. the main thing is that you just treat her really good. when she puts you down, or gives you no hope of getting back together, just smile, tell her how much you love her, and just be there for her. trust me its going to be rough but you'll get your answer eventually. its all about persistence and patience. just keep being positive no matter what, because its going to take time. like i said in an earlier post, does a person (you) really want to be with someone that doesn't love them with all their heart? it seems like you really love this girl, but she's questioning her love for you. if she really loves you then she'll come back to you in time. its her choice. but remember be loving and caring so she won't have an excuse to have made the right choice in leaving you. you've been down this road for a month...its been 3 months for me and things are starting to get a lot clearer for me. good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

In many ways you're right.. only you've forgotten one thing. Though you may love this girl.. and she may love you in return.. love comes in different forms. What she perceives as love may be friendly love.. whereas you're quite clearly experiencing romantic love. It is uncomfortable being friends when this is the situation, and believe me, it doesn't get easier unless you're feelings for this girl change. It's been 10 months since my break-up and I still talk to my ex every single day. It drains my patience sometimes, but ultimately I know that having her in my life enriches the experience. It may not work for you.. hell its come pretty close on a few occasions to failing completely for me.. but with a little perspiration and some patience a friendship is possible. What you CAN'T do is continually tell her that you still love her in a romantic sense. It will only serve to alienate her from you.. as she'll be looking to other guys to provide that and for you to be the support she needs to find others. Don't ruin what could be a beautiful friendship with someone that cares deeply for you by forcing feelings upon her... especially ones that she may no longer share with you.