I have been in a monogomous relationship for 5 years and my partner means the world to me however he cannot satisfy my sex drive at present we probsbly make love(if you can call it that) twice a month. There is an age gap of 17 years between us and i accept his sex drive will be lower but its not just sex he never tries to kiss and cuddle and never makes the first move. This makes me feel unsexy and i feel lke i am hassling him if i ask for sex. Other than this i have a great relationship but i fell i am wasting my best sexual years

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Do you and your partner talk about sex, or lack thereof? Does he tell you why he is not interested, or have you asked?

Do you think that there is a problem in the relationship that has caused for him to grow distant or not interested in sex?

Have you tried different things to liven things up in the bedroom? Spice things up by asking him on a date. Try to rekindle the heat of when you guys dated by calling him up at work and asking him on a date. Take him to a dinner and movie. Avoid bars on the date. Get dressed up for the date. Buy a new shirt. Go to the store and pick out a shirt you would like for him to wear on the day. Put the invitation for the date in the shirt box!

Be creative. Sometimes in order to make progress, or to go ahead, you have to spice things up in remembrance of how things once were.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel your pain except for me its the other way around, and my personal opinion is that we are just screwed. I've read the response, and I've seen this type a response before. I've tried to be more romantic or tried to take it back to the way it used to be. No Success. I love my my wife very much but this has become a problem. I love to have sex with her, and it would be that I love to make love to her but everytime I try to get close or try to hint at the idea she will sy something to ruin the moment. i.e. What are you doing? or I don't feel like it. Most guys complain about their wives saying they have a headache or that they are tired, but my wive comes straight out and says she doesn't feel like making love. After hearing that how is a person supposed to feel. I'm 23 years old and she is 25 neither of us have children, but I feel like were both in our 60's. I thought these were the times we would be able to explore new things TOGETHER. But it seems as if I were to not initiate anything we would go months maybe even years w/o making love. I would love a woman's perspective on my situation. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately the excitement of sex seems to leave most relationships at one time or another. For me, it's typically after I've been with my partner for over a year, or if I'm losing interest in them.

I became disinterested in sex with a guy that I dated 8 months into our relationship. We broke up, I tried dating other people, but ended up right back in his arms. What's my point? I don't have an answer, but DO suggest talking to your wife and find out what her TRUE reasons are for losing interest in sex. Try to not be defensive although she might tell you things you're not prepared to hear... but I believe that's just what you two need - communication.

Best of luck!

• 11 months later...

I was reading some of the low sex drive posts here and I can really relate and have no idea what to do about it. Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years and our sex life in the beginning was amazing. We used to have sex constantly and were both very pleased. But after about a year and getting on birth control pills my sex drive greatly decreased and I don't know what to do. I got off birth control pills, cause I attributed that being the problem, and my sex drive went back up a little but then decreased yet again. I never been in a relationship this long, straight and from what I hear sex does dwindle a bit being with someone for a while , but this is causing a major problem in our relationship. I feel bad that I am never in the mood, and that I don't even feel like being touched half the time. This is completely "unlike me" and I feel really confused and do not know what to do. I am still very attracted to my partner and we have a good, strong, healthy relationship but I just don't even see him in a sexual way anymore and he really does not deserve that at all! Please someone help me!