I was friends with a girl at univeristy, I met her in first year. She recently broke up with her bf and iI have always really liked her, well loved her. I took an opportunity to phone this girl and tell her how I felt, however she did not feel the same as me.

I recently phoned her and she said she was uncomfortable with me now becuase of what I had said about her. I explained I would never make a pass at her and wanted to remain friends, she didnt say anything after this , well nothing clear. I don't know what to do. Should I pursue this girl, leave her alone , or try to remain friends with her? Please help my heart is breaking.

well first off the reason might be because she's afraid to go into another commitment due to a bad relationship with her ex. the best thing you can do is support her as a friend until she is more comfortable into going back into a relationship and because you have always been there for the bad and the good, you become one of the options that she will choose from.

Until then you can try your best to make her feel comfortable again, by talking her gently and try to be relax

remember you have everything to win and nothing to lose.

• 1 month later...

To be rejected is never a happy feeling. I would first try to salvage the friendship between you two. The most respectable and usually easiest way to do this is to in person, and be "prepared." Know in advance of your confrontation what you are going to say to this person. Reiterate, how important your friendship is, and always will be. Reassure her, that the last thing you want is to lose a very dear friend. Tell her, you understand that different people are attracted to each other, and respect that. Also, be honest, and tell her, you think she is a fantastic person, and would had been honored to have her as more than a friend, but respect her wishes. Tell her it takes "two to make a relationship." Keep reassuring her, that having her as a friend, and "only" a friend, is much more important to you, than losing her altogether, and thereforeeeeeee you would NEVER do anything to jeopardize that. Suggest doing something fun, and enjoyable, that you two did before this ever happened. Tell her no matter what, that she can always count on you as a friend. Tell her how lucky the guy she chooses is, but you hold no malice towards him, as she is too good of a friend to ever cause her any grief. Tell her you ONLY wish her the best, and happiness, whatever path she chooses in life. Tell her, you can never have too many friends, real friends. Be sure to tell her how sorry for her emotional pain she must be suffering from her break-up. Ask if she feels like "pigging-out" on something she usually doesn't eat, like a gallon of ice cream, or banana split. Take some ice cream and a giant chocolate candy bar over to her, as a peace offering. Tell her you want to "pig-out" with her, and just "chill." This is a very non-threatening action. Do not suggest doing anything in public, that she might misconstrue as a pseudo-date. Keep is simple, and very honest.

• 5 months later...

i think u should remain friends cuz if u say u like her at least with time she will see the real you and who knows probably like you. dont bother her that much now cuz all ur going to get is her not even wanting to be ur friend. and even though u like her too much dont bother her calling her that much cuz she is going to get scared, probably thinking ur insane or so.