Is it legal for me and my gf to have cyber sex?

kamurj

On 2002-03-15 18 Anonymous wrote:

I'm a British citizen and I'm wondering if it's legal to have cybersex with my gf who is under 16. Any response is welcome

I don't think there are any laws yet (someone correct me if I'm wrong) concerning the rules of age and cybersex. Personally, I would think that whatever the consenting age is for actual sex, it would follow those lines online as well.

Is this your actual girlfriend, or someone you met in a random chat room? There are a lot of people who feel that their cyber relationship is just as genuine as a real one, so make sure you know the fine line.

If this 16 year old is your actual girlfriend, and you two are talking privately on your own time, it shouldn't be anyone's business. But in time, those rules may change. Just stay safe, either way.

• 1 year later...

I happen to know a police officer who belongs to a detachment who looks for cyber lurkers like yourself. Frankly, I find it disgusting for any man to lurch around and has cyber sex with a girl that age.

I do know that if the FBI discovers your IP address, and if that girl happens to be an agent on the job - they will report you to Scotland Yard and expedite prosecution.

Yes - it IS in fact illegal to cybersex with ANYONE under the age of 18 here in the United States. I'm not prying into your affairs - but I would be careful if I were you.

• 4 months later...

Greetings John4887,

I would like to ask you how one can determine cyber lover age in the internet One might be thinking that you are talking with 34 years old woman yet it could be a 13 years old girl. Or it could be a man

Here is a quote from swingfox post

Personally I believe in meeting people over the internet, but before hitting things off really good, I would want to talk to this person over the phone and if possible even meet the person first.

There is many single people who met they second half in a chat . And now they are living together and they are happy!

Edited 08/11/03 Well I have to say I did tried cs and I found that is`s not for me. The things that people are like to do online, well I would not do it online or offline As regards to online dating I still think it could work. Depend on circumstances.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That`s my 5 cents.

Osiris.

You made, how does one establish that? The risks of thinking you're talking with a 34 yo vice a 13 yo, for example, is a bit risque! I agree with the poster, meet them in person and don't let the mystery build. YOu just never know who you're chatting with until you meet them.

I know one guy who flew all the way to Australia to meet this "dream girl" he kept on talking about. Turns out she was lying, even sent pics of her friend instead of her.

Turns out she was a beefarilla and was even missing some teeth, and she had a 5 o'clock shadow, too!

Greetings John4887,

I`ll not argue about cs, becouse I do believe that people are entitled to have a different opinion!

Here is a real life story.

Once 4 years ago I was sitting in a chat and then I met her. We talked for an about half an hour. And everything was looking good. I propose her to meet me the same day after work and go for a dinner. She agreed.

I told her that I would carry a red rose so she could recognise me.

So later on I went to meet her. All I knew is her `name`. So I was waiting 10 min, 15 min.... There was a nice girl nearby also waiting for someone. She approach me and asked my name. What I find out thar she also was waiting on her cyber friend to come I wish her a good luck and kept waiting.

25 - 30 min later I saw a women coming out with a men probably fellow co-worker. When she saw me she laught at me and told her man `here look here is this stupid guy`. And then they walked away. For a few minutes I was a bit angry, but after I realized it is not a big deal. I loose nothing she possibly lost something!

Then from a far distance I saw the nice girl I met before. She was watching me. I approached her and ask `so where is your internet friend`. And she answered `well he did`t come`.

We spoke with each other for a while and suggested that we would go for a dinner. And off we go

She was a very nice person and we did meet each other few more times.

And we had a good time together.

So good things can happens as well

All the best,

Osiris.

Glad it worked out for you!

here is what happened to ME:

I met this girl online, we chatted for FIVE HOURS STRAIGHT. Everything seemed to click. We liked the same things, shared similar views, bitabam, bataboom. Sex came up; we chatted on thru the night.

She described herself as pretty, with some curves but she wasn't a bbw (wasn't fat, so she claimed) even said she had a guy cry over her on the phone because the first date didn't work out, and another guy, she was angry because he wasn't falling all over her like the others did. By now, understandably, I was imagining this beautiful girl with blonde hair and blue eyes, not skinny, but nice, you know?

We agreed on a meeting. So, we did. She said she'd be at the park wearing a dress because it was Sunday. So off I went. I found her, walked up to her, only to see she was NOT the same as she described. She was rather large, her hair was a dishwater blonde, dyed, and LO AND BEHOLD! Was that facial hair?

She had a 5 o'clock shadow, EVIDENCE she shaved (but must've forgot to do so that morning) she did NOT take care of herself (TOENAIL FUNGUS) and ugh, need I go on????

Me, trying to be the nice guy, hung around for an hour and promptly vacated the scene.

NO MORE CHAT ROOMS and NO MORE CYBER-ANYTHING for me!!!!