Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: Are breaks good or not?

I have been in a relationship with this guy for 3 years. We both love each other very much. Latelly i have found him to be quite quiet and i notice that i often feel like i am walking on eggshells. We are both under stress financially right now and have had our up and downs. I love him very much and he loves me. We always spent all of our time together when not working. He became my best friend and I his. We do not hang out with other friends and it is always just us and my 2 kids (from previous marriage) We have 3 nights a week that we could be by ourselves so it is not like we are always with the kids. Latelly we both feel like we need a break from each other. Today he told me that maybe he should have a day to himself.(we were arguing last night and this morning about very trivial things)like i said we are both under stress so i guess little things are causing us to argue. Anyways the question i have is, is it wrong for us to want a days break from each other.(he has his own house but he stays at mine at night times) Does this mean our relationship is going on a downslide? Should I not ask him for a break sometimes either?Please help i do not want to lose this guy!

whenever one or both partners of a relationship think they may need a break, then never deny it. truthfully, your relationship may be on a downslide, but its the honest way to do it. everyone needs space and time. i have a posting under relationship committment that speaks of my girlfriends and my seperation after 3 years of dating. we met in college and now that we're out, she needed some space and time. we are still very much in love and keep in contact but this is what she needs right now. the only way to try and keep what you have is to be honest and to take those tough roads when they approach instead of fighting to stay on the path you think things need to be on. i'd be happy to talk more about it, and i know im probably younger than you and may not have as much insight, but if you want to talk, im open to it. i hope everything works out

Give Advice
Ask For Advice