Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: help

Will my son prefer his caregiver to me? I work full-time and have a nanny to care for my son. I feel jealous of the close reltionship they share. Should I be? Will my son prefer her to me? What can I do to stay close to my child?

Hi,

Make the effort to spend quality time with your boy. I believe in quality, rather than quantity time, where children are concerned.

Spend some moments talking to him. Find out what makes him tick. What he aspires to be. What he fancies. Read to him, be a clown, play with him. Children need alot of security. If you can show to him that you really care and will be there for him, there's nothing that can steal your boy away from you.

Blessings to ya.

My advice ...

Hi,

I tend to agree with bleeder here. It is always nice to spend quality time with your son. Someone being so close all day could start to relate to your son. He gets familiar by your nanny's face.

I wouldn't be jealous, though, if you spend enough quality time with him. Actually, look at it this way: be glad that you found a nanny that your son is so happy around. There are also a lot of nannys that don't care and just babysit.

Smile!!

~ SwingFox ~

I also agree with bleeder. Quality is better than quantity. Maybe you could set aside an hour every day to spend with him and talk. Ask him what is going on in his life and tell him about yours as well. Also, I would like to add that maybe setting aside a perticular day each week on the weekend for you two to do father/son stuff would help.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice