Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: Space

The girl that I am seeing who I feel is truly my soulmate, has had an overwhelming amount of stress in her job lately, and because of this she has been stressed out.
    the other day she told me that she needed some space for a while, till the stress level lowers and that we need to slow down a little, not being attached at the hip 24/7 like we had been. I took this as lets just be friends, but when I told her this, she said no, that she still wants to be with me, but doesnt want to smother each other, and end up fighting and ruining a good thing especially with all the stress she is facing right now. Do you think that sounds like she is telling me the truth or she is just too scared to break up with me?

Since I'm a girl, I can see where she's coming from. It seems like she doesn't want to break up, but she's just having a hard time, with the stressful job. Just give it time and things will be back to normal.

there was a time i would say it definitely sounded like she was drifting away, but now I realise that most people need space. I, like you never need space, and would quite happily remain joined at the hip with my other half for good, but she needs space. We live together, and have done since we got together, but there are times that I drive her crazy and she just needs to be away from me. I found this really difficult to deal with at first, but now I realise it actually is far better for our relationship.
    At the end of the day, as long as she's with you, and wants to be with you, then you should be happy. Treasure what you've got though... if you smother her you may end up pushing her away altogether.I now feel grateful that we are still together. If you want to make her happy, unfortunately you'll find that it makes you unhappy at times because we're all different. Thats just love and relationships.

On 2001-11-23 15 Anonymous wrote:
    The girl that I am seeing who I feel is truly my soulmate, has had an overwhelming amount of stress in her job lately, and because of this she has been stressed out.
    the other day she told me that she needed some space for a while, till the stress level lowers and that we need to slow down a little, not being attached at the hip 24/7 like we had been. I took this as lets just be friends, but when I told her this, she said no, that she still wants to be with me, but doesnt want to smother each other, and end up fighting and ruining a good thing especially with all the stress she is facing right now. Do you think that sounds like she is telling me the truth or she is just too scared to break up with me?

Give Advice
Ask For Advice