Full Moon Rituals and Magick

sugahcity

Full moons are a time of ending and letting go of things that don’t serve you. In a little less than a week we have a full moon. I’m considering this my New Years Eve if you will. The thing is I don’t exactly have a ritual in mind.

I have some affirmations that I recorded that I fall asleep too and play throughout the day. Someone was telling me I should make an altar and meditate to the candlelight with my affirmations playing in the background so now I’m doing research on candle magick

Do any of you have a set full moon ritual

Moon phases are a great source of inspiration. I often looked at moon's phases whether waxing and waning, for my own purposes for releasing and manifesting.

I personally don't equate the full moon as an ending. Its part of a cycle of building from the dark moon back to full moon. So as the moonlight builds (waxing), its bringing manifestations to fruition. The full moon is the height of the current cycle of manifestation. and after, the moonlight begins to wane, as to release the things that no longer serve.

I do not mean to disrespect your regard as the full moon being an end... Just explaining how I see moon energy. I think anything that makes you feel good and speaks to you as an individual with your own rituals is awesome. The moon is also a great inspiration, for self care. In that respect, there is no wrong

There is a lot of information on the internet, many books and pod casts dedicated to the lunar cycles. and various rituals. And you can even just make your own based on your own creativity.

I can't see the link, Sarah.

The moon is beautiful, isn't it, Lambert. I agree. It is a source of inspiration, in the same way I think of the waning of the seasons. For that reason October is a special month for me when changes between summer and fall shift rapidly. I think of October as such a powerful shift in renewal and energies.

What I also like are the sun and the moon in the sky at the same time - a reminder of shifts in time and a sharing of the universe.

I can't see the link, Sarah.

The moon is beautiful, isn't it, Lambert. I agree. It is a source of inspiration, in the same way I think of the waning of the seasons. For that reason October is a special month for me when changes between summer and fall shift rapidly. I think of October as such a powerful shift in renewal and energies.

What I also like are the sun and the moon in the sky at the same time - a reminder of shifts in time and a sharing of the universe.

Well I have been worrying that she has been hacked and it is a virus , cos I does seem out of place and I also pressed on it .

Do what you are drawn too as yes , the moon is very powerful .

I have OCD and I have it quite bad so I avoid any kind of ritualistic behaviour ie certain coloured candles , facing a certain way , repetitive speech etc etc .

The best place you can go is if you are on facebook join a witch group , I am in a few and they will have loads of ideas for you to read or advise you on .

I also don't see a full moon as any ending but the power of it is always good and I encourage people to do a cosmic order on a full moon, by either standing and saying it to the universe , or writing it down and burning it ..loads of stuff you can do .

Also a good night to get crystals , cards , pendulums , crystal balls etc out for the night basking in that beautiful moonlight . ( on a windowsill will do )

Archived