Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Who has decorated early for Christmas

Seraphim

I nearly started a thread lady vic , but I thought ....no matter how she feels she will still knock out a Christmas thread at some point lol xx

NO , but I am in this huge worldwide Christmas group on facebook and loads have and I think the general thought is ..why not ...it has been a heck of a year and we are gonna do what we want , when we want .

Me and ems do ours on the 1st or the weekend after the 1st .

Do you go the full hog and have eiling decs from the 80's lol we do ..it is like santa'a grotto in here . But nothing outside .

I don't really decorate, but that's in part because I live in such a small apartment. If I add a decoration to this place, I'll have to move out lol.

Also--ehem--you may remember my tale of one of my past Christmas traumas lol..... We'll see the true extent of that damage once I finally get myself a bigger place.

But I do love my mom's decorating. If I can find a photo, I'll post it.

I don't really decorate, but that's in part because I live in such a small apartment. If I add a decoration to this place, I'll have to move out lol.

Also--ehem--you may remember my tale of one of my past Christmas traumas lol..... We'll see the true extent of that damage once I finally get myself a bigger place.

But I do love my mom's decorating. If I can find a photo, I'll post it.

Need to hear the tale lol

When I lived alone I put up a 12" tall tin foil tabletop tree from the dollar store. Oh, and last year I bought a light up window decoration, so I put that up along with a front door hanging. That was it for decorations.

My brother wants to go all out and I say, why not? It gives him joy and we all know there isn't much joy these days. So I'm glad he has something to do that will make him happy.

I'm just beginning. There's already a lot up in my neighbourhood, one family has their entire acreage turned into a lighted Reindeer wonderland!

We went all out for decorations for Halloween this year, as obviously no kids could trick or treat. Animatronics, lights, everything. We had fun.

Now Christmas... well, it's my favorite so let's see how out of hand it gets lol.

I nearly started a thread lady vic , but I thought ....no matter how she feels she will still knock out a Christmas thread at some point lol xx

NO , but I am in this huge worldwide Christmas group on facebook and loads have and I think the general thought is ..why not ...it has been a heck of a year and we are gonna do what we want , when we want .

Me and ems do ours on the 1st or the weekend after the 1st .

Do you go the full hog and have eiling decs from the 80's lol we do ..it is like santa'a grotto in here . But nothing outside .

Haha thanks . I can’t go whole hog because the toddlers I care for would probably break everything or tear it part but I’ll do it again. Having a business in your home especially Daycare takes over every single aspect of your life. Even down to what you do on your own time.

I'll link to it, rather than repost here and potentially throw a shadow over the Christmasy vibe here lol.

See post #93 on this page:

https://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534720&page=3

I will post a photo here of my mom's decorating, because I think it is really pretty (despite all the grief it entails haha). But I'll do that after Thanksgiving.

I am sorry hon sounds like memories of Christmas with my dad. 😓

Archived