LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After 3 years of no contact... *HAPPY ENDING*

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Please don't assign yourself the role of "teaching" your girlfriend anything except maybe how to make an excellent hollandaise or how to shoot a pool combo. Do you think of yourself as a mentor or teacher to her?

Do you find her "anxious attachment" attractive? Do you believe it proves how much she loves you?
    My husband teaches me stuff all the time <3 I find it incredibly attractive (sexually attractive... like ... it turns me on) to have a man that knows things about life and can "see" BS from a mile away.

I think that's what he means.

Originally Posted by maritalbliss86
    My husband teaches me stuff all the time <3 I find it incredibly attractive (sexually attractive... like ... it turns me on) to have a man that knows things about life and can "see" BS from a mile away.

I think that's what he means.
    Exactly, when you've done the work you become more compassionate than annoyed when things goes down. Cause usually when people snap it's not just about the "throwing out the garbage." Usually it's: Are they feeling heard? Do you care? Did you notice they were trying to do something special? Etc. You start addressing root issues, not just the throwing out the garbage. My girl loves me for it.

Ultimately did you do the work? Had I not did my transformation I'd probably still be pining over my ex as opposed to simply being happy with how things are.

To clarify "Now I didn't feel any different mind you, despite what everyone said, I will say I was more indifferent to a lot of BS." Wasn't about my ex, but what I felt about my character. Everyone's like oh the Army changes you, and I'm like nah, maybe if you're 18, not when you're a grown ass man.

Timeline: three years ago was when my ex reached out, two years ago I enlisted. One year ago I got together with my current gf. That help?

Look, I didn't come here to be attacked. I wanted to let people know that you do get rewarded if you work on yourself. Cause no one seems to tell their feel good stories once they move on. I know I needed it when I was postin here

Last edited by drpenguin; 11-22-2020 at 01:27 PM.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by drpenguin

Look, I didn't come here to be attacked. I wanted to let people know that you do get rewarded if you work on yourself. Cause no one seems to tell their feel good stories once they move on. I know I needed it when I was postin here

Great job, and PLEASE don't let extreme negativity and bitterness impact all the positive things you have done with your life.

Two success stories in two days on here is pretty cool!

I love to see posters come back and give wonderful news like this. Well done and it just goes to show that not all paths are the same. NC comes in all shapes and forms but in the end the results are what matters.

Thank you for your service and thank you for sharing your story of success.

Come here when you can and pay it forward and help others.

Lost

Great story! When one door closes, not every door we face afterward will glide wide open, either. Congrats on your determination and your accomplishments.

Platinum Member
    Great Story! It's true - when you find a bigger problem to solve, you really learn what you are made of. Good job on pushing yourself!

You sound like Goggins story!

💪🏽 Good Job Bro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice