This is a good one!

Sizzles

Thanks for taking the time to read this just looking for third party opinion

My girlfriend wants me to admit to something I didn’t do, it’s petty, I did not do what I am accused of and told her that I didn’t nicely. She then tells me that until I come clean and admit to this petty event, that our relationship is at a crossroads and that we are in jeopardy. Here is her words:

“I have no problem with accepting your little white lies about where you buy a shirt or etc. but when you Don’t admit things such as the this situation you are calling me a liar or basically making me think I’m crazy. A relationship is built on trust it’s a huge part of a loving relationship. I am disappointed you did this but that’s far less worse than you saying you didn’t when it’s so obvious you did. I hope you come clean about it”

I didn’t do what she think I did. It’s so petty, my friend told me just to suck it up and admit too it for the sake of the relationship, and this made me even more upset, because I don’t want to admit something I didn’t do.

Advice?

If you're being honest, let her know that you're not lying about it. It doesn't seem like she trusts or respects you with those comments so I'd be a bit more wary about this relationship, if I were you. It may sound petty with the paint but the whole picture doesn't look so good.

Be more honest with each other. These sorts of squabbles shouldn't be happening.

Yes this is for real, we are a couple that got back together after a year off from each other, again it was over petty lie about where I bought a shirt, I bought it from a thrift store but didn’t want to tell her

I don't want to sound like I am against you buddy lol I AM NOT ...honestly ....but her reaction is so well ..full on ..extra , extra with cheese that I can't help wonder what there is hiding in your dirty laundry lol ...aww and the shirt from the thrift store .... I can't help but laugh ...

I am not much help right now am I .

Seriously please don't just suck it up and agree ... you might as well leave now for what you will be setting yourself up with in the future ...you will be admitting to allsorts . Someone just robbed a bank ..oh it will be Sizzles :eek: Don't own it buddy .

Has she got a past that involves been told a lot of lies and has built up a huge mistrust of men ?

I’m no Tomato 🍅 but yes it’s life on life terms!! 😂 my life

Hahaha yep , it's your life and I am trying to find an answer for you .

There just seems so much more is lying under the surface .

Look just tell her you wont admit it and try and ask her why this is affecting her so dramatically , she has so much on this , she feels her love and dedication mean nothing in this relationship without your honesty ... it is so deep ......for a bit of paint .

However this does sound like sour grapes lol I wouldn't probably continue this relationship if I was you to be honest. It didn't work the first time and it's not working again. Maybe it's just not meant to be.

I just don’t understand this one I’m pretty cool but she always needs the drama

Did you tell her why ? Just curious

I did but didn’t blame her. I said that it’s not working for me, I been in AA for 6 years and I have a fairly solid program and spiritual side to me, she is a good woman but some of the resentment of the past relationship is still there along with some trauma she endured with her father as a child, she like to say that I was just like her Dad and that irritated me because he was a cheater and I am not. Lots of red flags but I forego it because of high physical attraction just being honest. I want the whole package and now is the time to look forward.

Wanting and getting your ex back is not all it’s cracked up to be, I wished upon a star and the universe brought her back but the song remained the same, heed my warning

I did but didn’t blame her. I said that it’s not working for me, I been in AA for 6 years and I have a fairly solid program and spiritual side to me, she is a good woman but some of the resentment of the past relationship is still there along with some trauma she endured with her father as a child, she like to say that I was just like her Dad and that irritated me because he was a cheater and I am not. Lots of red flags but I forego it because of high physical attraction just being honest. I want the whole package and now is the time to look forward.

Wanting and getting your ex back is not all it’s cracked up to be, I wished upon a star and the universe brought her back but the song remained the same, heed my warning

I am a great believer in the universe , the law of attraction and spirituality as well and you are spot on ...... getting an ex back is not all it is cracked up to be is it .

I think you have a great attitude , handled it well and actually very kindly and just got on with following your gut .....you are a refreshing change , hope you stick around and offer a word or two to others who come here . People come through these doors in awful desperate states and it sounds like you have your head screwed on .

Archived