Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: This is a good one!

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    16
    I ended it tonight, life is too short and itís not working

  2. #22
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    london
    Posts
    12,206
    Originally Posted by Sizzles
    I ended it tonight, life is too short and itís not working
    Did you tell her why ? Just curious

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    16
    Originally Posted by pippy longstocking
    Did you tell her why ? Just curious
    I did but didnít blame her. I said that itís not working for me, I been in AA for 6 years and I have a fairly solid program and spiritual side to me, she is a good woman but some of the resentment of the past relationship is still there along with some trauma she endured with her father as a child, she like to say that I was just like her Dad and that irritated me because he was a cheater and I am not. Lots of red flags but I forego it because of high physical attraction just being honest. I want the whole package and now is the time to look forward.

    Wanting and getting your ex back is not all itís cracked up to be, I wished upon a star and the universe brought her back but the song remained the same, heed my warning ⛔️

  4. #24
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    london
    Posts
    12,206
    Originally Posted by Sizzles
    I did but didnít blame her. I said that itís not working for me, I been in AA for 6 years and I have a fairly solid program and spiritual side to me, she is a good woman but some of the resentment of the past relationship is still there along with some trauma she endured with her father as a child, she like to say that I was just like her Dad and that irritated me because he was a cheater and I am not. Lots of red flags but I forego it because of high physical attraction just being honest. I want the whole package and now is the time to look forward.

    Wanting and getting your ex back is not all itís cracked up to be, I wished upon a star and the universe brought her back but the song remained the same, heed my warning ⛔️
    I am a great believer in the universe , the law of attraction and spirituality as well and you are spot on ...... getting an ex back is not all it is cracked up to be is it .

    I think you have a great attitude , handled it well and actually very kindly and just got on with following your gut .....you are a refreshing change , hope you stick around and offer a word or two to others who come here . People come through these doors in awful desperate states and it sounds like you have your head screwed on .

  5.  

  6. #25
    Platinum Member boltnrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14,512
    I had a feeling you put up with it (and your buddies advising you to "suck it up") because she's "hot".

    I'm sure you know there are plenty of attractive women who don't insist on creating drama out of nothing.

  7. #26
    Platinum Member smackie9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Surrey BC, Canada
    Posts
    2,322
    Gender
    Female
    Dude, there is nothing wrong with admitting to finding a good score at a thrift shop. I have found designer stuff with the tags still on. Raise your thrift store freak flag proudly!

  8. #27
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    london
    Posts
    12,206
    Originally Posted by smackie9
    Dude, there is nothing wrong with admitting to finding a good score at a thrift shop. I have found designer stuff with the tags still on. Raise your thrift store freak flag proudly!
    Hahahahaha brilliant

  9. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    16
    Originally Posted by smackie9
    Dude, there is nothing wrong with admitting to finding a good score at a thrift shop. I have found designer stuff with the tags still on. Raise your thrift store freak flag proudly!
    Oh Hell ya!!! 🏴 ❤️😊

  10. #29
    Platinum Member catfeeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    23,290
    Gender
    Female
    Big difference between an inquiry and an accusation. That's the crux.

    Would I want to spend my future walking on eggshells until the next accusation? Uhm... no way. That's why I think you're smart to let this one pass.

    She could have gently asked for the source of your paint--and even pressed if she believed that you might be mistaken. From there, whether you were 100% sure of a recent purchase, OR, you were at all unsure whether the paint you used 'might' have been the wrong grab, you could have felt comfortable either proving your point with a receipt or credit card statement (to help her 'see' the source) OR taking the remnants of your used paint in for a match.

    But accusations? Those slam shut any efforts toward cooperation, and they don't belong in any relationship worth keeping.

    I'm sorry for your difficulty, but it's better that this happened sooner rather than later.

  11. #30
    Platinum Member catfeeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    23,290
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by smackie9
    Raise your thrift store freak flag proudly!
    OMG! Yes. I envy people their fabulous buys. I never find great things beyond trinkets in thrift stores, and so people who strike gold really inspire me to keep trying.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Videos


Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •