LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is a good one!

This is a good one!

Thanks for taking the time to read this just looking for third party opinion

My girlfriend wants me to admit to something I didnít do, itís petty, I did not do what I am accused of and told her that I didnít nicely. She then tells me that until I come clean and admit to this petty event, that our relationship is at a crossroads and that we are in jeopardy. Here is her words:
    ďI have no problem with accepting your little white lies about where you buy a shirt or etc. but when you Donít admit things such as the this situation you are calling me a liar or basically making me think Iím crazy. A relationship is built on trust itís a huge part of a loving relationship. I am disappointed you did this but thatís far less worse than you saying you didnít when itís so obvious you did. I hope you come clean about itĒ

I didnít do what she think I did. Itís so petty, my friend told me just to suck it up and admit too it for the sake of the relationship, and this made me even more upset, because I donít want to admit something I didnít do.

Advice?

What is this petty thing she's accusing you of?

Iím accused of using touch up paint that was specifically for her house in the kitchen.
    I know itís ridiculous but sheís making a huge deal out of it because she had a hard time matching it.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Sizzles
    Iím accused of using touch up paint that was specifically for her house in the kitchen.
    I know itís ridiculous but sheís making a huge deal out of it because she had a hard time matching it.
    Is this for real buddy ....she gave you that long speech over a bit of paint .......or was it the last straw in a chain of mammoth lies .

If you're being honest, let her know that you're not lying about it. It doesn't seem like she trusts or respects you with those comments so I'd be a bit more wary about this relationship, if I were you. It may sound petty with the paint but the whole picture doesn't look so good.

Be more honest with each other. These sorts of squabbles shouldn't be happening.

Yes this is for real, we are a couple that got back together after a year off from each other, again it was over petty lie about where I bought a shirt, I bought it from a thrift store but didnít want to tell her

Take the paint to Home Depot. Even if you have just a little bit, they can match it perfectly and give you a gallon of paint. Sheesh.

What about this relationship is worth "sucking it up"?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Sizzles
    Yes this is for real, we are a couple that got back together after a year off from each other, again it was over petty lie about where I bought a shirt, I bought it from a thrift store but didnít want to tell her
    I don't want to sound like I am against you buddy lol I AM NOT ...honestly ....but her reaction is so well ..full on ..extra , extra with cheese that I can't help wonder what there is hiding in your dirty laundry lol ...aww and the shirt from the thrift store .... I can't help but laugh ...

I am not much help right now am I .

Seriously please don't just suck it up and agree ... you might as well leave now for what you will be setting yourself up with in the future ...you will be admitting to allsorts . Someone just robbed a bank ..oh it will be Sizzles Don't own it buddy .

Has she got a past that involves been told a lot of lies and has built up a huge mistrust of men ?

Platinum Member
    You remind me of a poster from many years ago called Tomato ... he always had me in pieces with his short spurts of life events .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice