Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dated a girl for 2 months and then engaged to someone else 2 months later

Gold Member

Dated a girl for 2 months and then engaged to someone else 2 months later

I met a girl and hit it off immediately with a strong connection. She was constantly showering me with compliments and telling me how amazing I am and how special I am in her life and how lucky she is to have met me, etc. One week she started getting a little cold and distant telling me she's been too busy at work. About a week and a half later she tells me that she's not interested anymore and that we have absolutely nothing in common (which is glaringly false). lol ? Then less than 2 months later I found out she got engaged. ? How does one make sense of any of this???

She met someone else, manufactured a reason to breakup with you and started dating him. Then she love bombed him so much he popped the question after only 2 months.

Either that or an old flame resurfaced.

I know it sucks and getting some sort of answer might help but in the end she is gone and from the sounds of it you dodged a bullet here.

Lost

I agree, she found someone else. She also sounds like a flake to jump ship so fast and then end up engaged. Maybe she's desperate to get married so she found a willing guy. Good luck to them, they will need it. You dodged a bullet.

You might have been an unwitting side piece and once the main guy agreed to give her what she is after, she dumped you.....for now. Don't be surprised if she circles back at some point for more attention.

Beware of those who love bomb you and don't be so thirsty that you actually buy that bs at face value.

Engaged in two months?

I'm sorry to hear this. Consider it a dodged bullet. Don't go down the rabbit hole wondering what you both were or what she is. The fact is you were involved with someone who wasn't interested enough in the relationship to continue dating you and she either just met a new person and married said new person in two months OR she was playing you the whole time as a distraction for someone else. Look at the situation, not the person, and dust yourself off.

You will be okay. Take time out to heal.

As others have said, you've dodged a bullet.

I can somewhat empathise with you. I was in a relationship with someone who seemingly was interested in me only to then start backing off and becoming cold. Ultimately though, we will never get an answer to why they behave like this. We just have to accept it and move on.

Close that door mate, its good that its over, some just are not made for you, keep moving ahead.

Sounds like a rebound. She was probably dating this person before, they split up...she dives into something else to ease her mind. Then the ex calls her up...they talk, date, have sex, etc...then he presents her with a ring, realizing his mistake he's not going to let her get away this time.

Platinum Member
    She tells people what they want to hear in order to get what she wants.

What did you have in common with her?
    You only knew her for 60 days?
    In that time how many dates did you have?
    I donít think you knew her at all?

And really at the end of the day does it matter??

11. 11-21-2020, 01:18 PM

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by smackie9
    Sounds like a rebound. She was probably dating this person before, they split up...she dives into something else to ease her mind. Then the ex calls her up...they talk, date, have sex, etc...then he presents her with a ring, realizing his mistake he's not going to let her get away this time.
    They didn't know each other previously. She met him around the same time we met.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice