Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why would your partner say this....?

Why would your partner say this....?

Hi

I've requested advise off this site before and it hasn't half helped. So I'm asking a question for my friend.
    He said that his girlfriend told him....

"We had a school reunion a while back, I didn't go but word got back to me that I was the one that all the lads wanted to sleep with"

Now my immediate reaction to that to my friend is she's full of herself and has a very high opinion of herself. But he is infatuated with her so I said I'd post and ask for third party advice.
    I think if it was me I would end it as she comes across as one that needs validating feeding her ego and that my friend should be privileged that he has this girl that all the lads want to sleep with.
    Even if it was true, I don't think in a "normal" conversation or context that should ever be said to your partner.
    His question basically is why would she say that?

Thanks for your advice.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    How long since high school?

Platinum Member
    Why woud she say it ....

Because she doesn't yet recognise what is ok and not ok to tell your b/g/friend .....
    She wants him to know she is a hot rock and he should be grateful he has her
    She wants to let it be known that she pretty much has a choice
    She is full of herself
    She is very insecure and wants to boost her self esteem by putting forward the story of how she was the one they all wanted to be with .... ( most likely answer )

Take your pick .

Who the hell says * hot rock * were am I ? 1958

I think that she simply shared something that she was flattered or surprised about without giving it much weight or thought. If we are going to dump people over that......might as well just quit dating completely and be single for life.

OP, you are coming across over the top judgmental and this is one of those things where you really shouldn't be sticking your nose and opinion into. Your reaction is more concerning than what that girl said to her bf.

Tell your friend she seems conceited and insecure.
    Originally Posted by DannyM87
    "We had a school reunion a while back, I didn't go but word got back to me that I was the one that all the lads wanted to sleep with"

She sounds clueless and flattered.

Let your friend work it out with his girlfriend and don't read into it. As his friend your only obligation or duty is to be there for him, not solve his problems.

Wow this doesn't need a stick of dynamite to be blown out of proportion. It was just a comment. Keep in mind those lads wanted to sleep with a lot of the girls they went to school with. They were horny teenagers.

So the Bf could have just told her he doesn't want to hear it or didn't need to hear that. And that would be that.

If I had a BF that made a comment like that I would have rolled my eyes, and given him the head shake with smirk. And say ok lover boy enjoy your moment lol

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by smackie9
    Wow this doesn't need a stick of dynamite to be blown out of proportion. It was just a comment. Keep in mind those lads wanted to sleep with a lot of the girls they went to school with. They were horny teenagers.

So the Bf could have just told her he doesn't want to hear it or didn't need to hear that. And that would be that.

If I had a BF that made a comment like that I would have rolled my eyes, and given him the head shake with smirk.
    Yup..... ...

Who the hell says * hot rock * were am I ? 1958
    lol, Pippy. x that gave me a chuckle.

But yes, I echo your points, spot on.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by SherrySher
    lol, Pippy. x that gave me a chuckle.

But yes, I echo your points, spot on.
    I am swinging my circle skirt around my head as we speak lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship