What do I do?

NotGoodName

I have started a relationship with someone about 4 years ago, she is really nice and we think of each other as family, I have never told anyone about her and don't know if I should, my parents don't want me using socail media of any sort. I stay up all night just talking to her, and I never get any sleep. Any advice?

Make sure you are not getting hooked on a catfish, scammer or cheater. Some people who hide behind the screen can take advantage of lonely people who hide behind the screen on the other end.

Why don't your parents want you using the internet? Is this someone you started talking to through gaming?

Try and get more sleep. Your performance at school or work will suffer if you don't have enough sleep, not to mention your immune system... something we all need desperately these days.

If you haven't met yet, this person isn't your family. If you think of each other as family, it's time to distance yourself as there are a few pieces missing in the puzzle. You may be getting caught up in something you don't want in the long run.

Is there a reason your parents don't want you using social media? They may have very good reasons.

Your parents want you off social media because well.... look at what you are doing...you are not sleeping, you are spending time where you should be doing something more productive like making friends, playing guitar, drawing, doing projects, homework, etc. You are isolating yourself from life. I get it, late at night is the only time to do this...how about leaving it to the weekend, where you can sleep in. You should reduce the amount of time spent talking to this person.

Archived