Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: How to approach him after six months no contact?? 😯😮

I don't know if it's you, Nicole, but there were two other profiles who had patterns of posting similar to you. I know those individuals prior also made a debut on another forum with the same alias name.

I put that aside anyway as I think everyone deserves to be treated like a human being or taken at face value. If anything makes sense to you in the past pages, take them to heart and lay your fears to rest. I don't sense you're out to deceive anyone. I think you are misunderstood (by people in real life, your life, because of your issues) and probably have severe social anxiety speaking with people or meeting with people. Eventually I suspect a moderator will close the thread anyway as it's run its course. You can take the messages in good faith though. Nothing is going to change if you aren't prepared to be that change.

Originally Posted by MissCanuck

I don't say that to be harsh but you're obviously getting something out of engaging posters in this conversation again and again. Just not sure what that is, exactly.
    Possibly the same thing one gets out of having a year long (off and on) electronic relationship with a stranger.
    It's ok. A lot of people do it and enjoy it. Let's just call it what it is. . .or was.

Originally Posted by bluecastle
    Not answering for Rose, but...

What do you think you're getting from ruminating about all this? Talking to us, talking to friends? I ask that with zero judgement, only observing that, from these seats, it seems clear you're getting something. Just not sure if that something is brining you closer to your most sincere desires, or keeping them further, blurrier.

If you reached out to him, you'd have actual information. He'll respond, or he won't. His response will lead to a nice, brief exchange, or not. You'll meet for a walk, or you won't. And so on. In your life story, all of those outcomes shouldn't move too many needles, though they would move one: you would no longer be able to ruminate about this specific person.
    I will reach out...and was 100% on it. Till my friend..this time female said not to. And said it was weird or something along those lines..because its been a months.
    I dont want to look foolish or a mug. That's all it is.

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    I don't know if it's you, Nicole, but there were two other profiles who had patterns of posting similar to you. I know those individuals prior also made a debut on another forum with the same alias name.

I put that aside anyway as I think everyone deserves to be treated like a human being or taken at face value. If anything makes sense to you in the past pages, take them to heart and lay your fears to rest. I don't sense you're out to deceive anyone. I think you are misunderstood (by people in real life, your life, because of your issues) and probably have severe social anxiety speaking with people or meeting with people. Eventually I suspect a moderator will close the thread anyway as it's run its course. You can take the messages in good faith though. Nothing is going to change if you aren't prepared to be that change.
    Its not.
    I'm sure ive seen procrastinators on this thread...asides from myself. And i know people like that too. Not the only one. Theres some who think a lot.
    Some who think and then take action...and then theres some who take action without any thought..all kinds of people.

Youre right though im highly misunderstood. Whether its here or offline. And clearly by the person who this thread is referring to. I don't have anxiety at all with regards to people. I think with social anxiety people panic and stress and what not. I have none of that. Maybe it comes across like that but i assure you..im absolutely fine and make friends at the click of a finger.

In terms of my romantic interests now and from the past the common theme.or what they say about me is im a mystery and seem prideful/proud..i have no problem meeting guys and speaking to them. Im simply reserved when it comes to talking about feelings or opening up that's it.

But ill still have a shot at it

Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    I find it interesting that when we get a one dimensional version of a story, at some point the posters pattern of personal interaction creeps through, replicates here on this forum and paints a clearer picture.

88 posts and we are still talking about and not acting on it.

Which just so happens to parallel how you've handled your interactions with this guy. I believe your answer was covered in the first couple reponses. Right?

You came here asking how to approach someone you haven't spoken to in 6 months. You share how many excuses you gave in the beginning and now with every bit of encouragement to just rip off the band aid and make a phone call, you double down with more reasons not to.

So, what's it going to be?
    I will do it.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by nicole92
    I will do it.
    You have been saying that for 2 days now.
    Still havenít done it.
    Itís a simple phone call.
    Make a dead line and stick to it. 24hrs from now ....

I suggest the next time you reply on here will be after youíve made the call.

Originally Posted by Billie28
    You have been saying that for 2 days now.
    Still havenít done it.
    Itís a simple phone call.
    Make a dead line and stick to it. 24hrs from now ....

I suggest the next time you reply on here will be after youíve made the call.
    🤔 😂.
    I was giving myself a deadline of like a couple of weeks.
    But ok.
    Once its done i shall report back on here.

Just curious to know why you want to stew on this for two more weeks.

It's not "rejection" if he doesn't answer your call or doesn't want to communicate. You haven't even met this man, so why fear "rejection" in this case?

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Just curious to know why you want to stew on this for two more weeks.

It's not "rejection" if he doesn't answer your call or doesn't want to communicate. You haven't even met this man, so why fear "rejection" in this case?
    I wouldnt say unnecessarily stew. But perhaps calling him closer to the time when i may be able to meet him. Instead of call now and say may be in a few weeks time. As we're still under lockdown.

And putting it all into perspective..its probably worse if he had met me and then rejected...as opposed to never having met.
    For now it would just be an opportunity missed. Nothing more

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice