Is it strange

Candynercka

My ex left me for his toxic ex. It's been a month now and.he still pays for my iPhone 11 that he bought me and pays for my cell phone service. The cell phone service is his account I really don't like the fact that he can see everyone I call. He has moved on and is back with his kids mom. Why would he pay for my phone and service?

Contact your provider immediately and get off his plan. It's important for you to sever all ties and start the healing process. He/his GF could cancel it at any time so be proactive and set up your own service.

The cell phone service is his account I really don't like the fact that he can see everyone I call.

He isn't paying for you as such. He is paying for his own service and convenience. Usually companies provide extra services for less when you add lines to your plan, but then you are roped into a contract with them as well that's hard to get out of or not worth ending due to other perks.

Basically, this is nothing to do with you and him.

What is strange is that you aren't taking care of yourself and getting your own plan asap. You could be cut off without notice and could literally find yourself in a situation where you have no way to call for help at the worst possible moment.

I think you are asking a question that doesn't matter any longer.

You are broken up and he is back with his ex.

The question you should be asking is: Why haven't I got my own cell plan? I am sure you like the free ride and free phone but what happens when his new gf finds out he is still paying for his old gf's phone?

If it is his plan then you will need his permission to port your number to a new carrier or your own plan.

Probably best to take care of this sooner than later before it all blows up and you are without a phone. Technically it is his phone and can ask for it back at any time.

Stop thinking there is a chance he will come back because he is still paying for your cell. Just finish off the relationship and start healing.

Lost

PS Just read your first post about this guy. His ex gets out of rehab and he dumps you that same day. Stop worrying about why he is doing anything, just get the last piece of that guy out of your life as soon as possible so you can heal and one day meet a decent guy.

Why would he pay for my phone and service?

Because the time and energy he would have to spend terminating the contract and searching for a new one is a bigger hassle than keep paying for it. In addition, if he feels guilt about how he treated you, this might be a way to make himself feel better. Whatever it is, it's about his convenience NOT about you. He is doing it because for the time being, it's more convenient to him than changing his contract. In the meantime, this is clearly messing up your mind. It's on you to make the arrangements needed in order to regain full control of your phone number.

My ex left me for his toxic ex. It's been a month now and.he still pays for my iPhone 11 that he bought me and pays for my cell phone service. The cell phone service is his account I really don't like the fact that he can see everyone I call. He has moved on and is back with his kids mom. Why would he pay for my phone and service?

Why not move the account to your own name and take over the payments?

Archived