LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Cohabitating please help

Platinum Member
    The issue I actually see here is I'm getting a feeling that maybe you don't actually really like dogs? I know you said that they're not properly taken care of but are you also not a dog person? I'm just saying that because if you're not into dogs and they gross you out and your boyfriend is, this will be a problem. The thing is that when dogs go outside, they do get some dirt on them and so on and do roll around inside and stuff like that. That's actually normal if you have dogs. If it bothers you then I don't actually think there would be any point dating your boyfriend because this will never change.

The other thing I think you need to think about is how your boyfriend actually treats his dogs. This tells you what kind of person he is. If he's neglecting his dogs it's a very bad look. It speaks negatively of his character. And clearly he's neglecting the dogs pretty badly if they're not even let out to the toilet and are busying to pee so bad that the dog does it in the house. Also if they're dirty and beds are filthy. It's not that hard to just buy them new beds and wash the dogs more often. These are his pets and if he can't take care of them properly then what does that say about him? That he's negligent and unreliable.

Platinum Member
    Disgusting. I could never live, much stay the night in that environment. I do not understand how your bf can live in such filth, nor can I see how someone could date someone like him. Blech!!! BTW, I am a dog fanatic!

Your bf is NOT "clean and tidy."

Echoing Shelly here:

"Where did you meet this guy, and when? Was he still living with his wife?
    It sounds to me like he has moved the wife out & trying to move you in as a replacement
    All way too much way too soon!
    He needs to grieve the marriage and its demise, not try & carry it on with a substitute.
    So why did he separate?"

Same questions I should like to ask.

As a dog person (and cat person) I find the post disgusting and disturbing. I am thinking this guy doesn't train his dogs right?

Having dogs are like having kids. If your kid is wetting the bed, you have to put a diaper on them or/and you start training them not to. If the dog is old or sick, sometimes you just gotta do what a responsible and LOVING parent do - get up and take that poor dog out so they can hike their leg up and pee outside.

While you are worrying about home decor, you overlook this man's character. Not only was he dating while still married, he lacks the know how or the decency to take care of his things.

I've been around dogs and other peoples dogs long enough to know that dogs are basically the reflection of the owner.

And it's not healthy for the dogs to go unwashed! Also not healthy to be breathing in dog urine.

As LootieTootie mentioned, you're worrying about the color and placement of the deck chairs while the Titanic is sinking.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice