Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: communication problems

He has made an attempt to get to know you/date you. During this process he has discovered this isn't working for him and lucky for you he has taken the time to explain it instead of ghosting on you. Nothing wrong with either of you, he's not a bad person you are not bad person..... He spoke the truth and I agree with him, that you two are just too different. He is disappointed as much as you are. Oh well that's life....move on.

Platinum Member
    You’re fine the way you are. Don’t try to ‘change’ just to fit the round peg into the square hole.

Platinum Member
    Why do you need to "solve" anything?

You don't need to shape yourself into who you think he wants you to be. It hurts, but he's letting you know it just isn't the right fit for him. It doesn't mean one of you is wrong but rather that you are not compatible just being who you are.

Originally Posted by Saskia91

I was talking to him a few days ago on the phone. He told me that the main reason that he didn't want a relationship with me was the fact that I often didn't answer his questions, also when it was a simple yes or no, or I just stare at him and laugh. A few weeks ago we went out to dinner and during our conversation, he asked me something which was pretty personal about our relationship. He was really putting me on the spot that my mind became so cloudy that I couldn't answer his question.
    In one breath you stated that he didn't want a relationship with you, yet in the next breath you stated he asked a personal question about your relationship. I'm confused, which is it?

Despite the confusion and although I could be off base, I have a hunch that you're viewing FWBs as a relationship, it's not. More than likely he's looking at it as "What a deal." It's time for you to raise the bar.

If this is the reason that he doesn't want to be in a relationship with me I would be really sad because I think this is solvable on my part.
    Why not start by telling him this, then?

See what he says.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice