LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Relationships and work balance?

Relationships and work balance?

Hello everyone, This is my first post, I'm going through a tough patch. Im sure some of you experienced this and can help. Im 25 yr old M. I was with my "ex" for 1 year and 2 months. So not so long, but to keep it short she had broken up with me because I had a tough few months working on my new business and really putting in a lot of hours into work and not into our relationship. She ended things in the beginning of Sept, and Beg of November I decided to text her and give it one last chance. Im posting the texts here. let me know what you guys think!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Me
    Hey, free tonight to talk?

Ex
    Thereís nothing to talk about !

Me
    i understand, just thought iíd reach out.
    Sorry to bother

Ex
    What did you want to talk about ? I donít get it

Me
    Just i think i made you sad. I miss you. As well there was no definite bad stuff between me and you, so we didnít end on bad terms.

Ex
    I did everything for you, i did my best and eventually it was time i leave a relationship that wasnít meant for me. I wasnít appreciated & I hope you learn from ur mistakes

Me
    I understand it was your time to leave. Live and learn then.
    Thank you for appreciating me.

Then no answer its been couple days now, What's the next move.

NYC.

Why would you expect any reply after that little exchange? She told you straight:

"Thereís nothing to talk about !"

Leave it behind you NYC. Take some time to yourself, and there will be other relationships.

Sorry about this.

I have to echo LH above, in that she has made it very clear where she stands: nothing to talk about. That's her truth, and, as such, it has to be respected.

You know yourself, and the details of the relationship. Give yourself some time to reflect on both, to feel your way through the feelings. You may come to find, in addition to recognizing some places where you could improve in sustaining a romantic connection, that you'd be better matched with someone with a different temperament. That's not a knock on you, or on her, but just the mysteries of compatibility.

LH thank you for the truth, I appreciate you. I truly mean it

Bluecastle, yes time to reflect on myself and take time to love myself. These answers are really helping me thank you

Your next step is to lose her contact information. She couldn't have been more clear that she is done with this relationship and has no interest in your whatsoever.

Just because there was nothing majorly awful between you, doesn't mean that the relationship will carry on. Usually when people end a long term relationship, they have given it a lot of thought and you need to respect that decision.

As for work balance and dating, when I was neck deep starting out in my career, I really had to find guys who were on the same page. Meaning as busy as I am and like minded. The guys who were just in a 9-5 was pretty much impossible as they would be home early and ready to go out, demand my attention and time and so on. It was unworkable as they would get bitter that I worked long and often unpredictable hours while they were sitting around bored planning dates I'd end up having to cancel. However, dating guys who were equally busy made life easy and smooth. We were able to understand and support each other. So that's my advice to you really - find a woman who is busy career wise herself and so much more sympathetic to long hours and dealing with issues.

Breakups are always difficult, even when they do end on good terms. I understand that you miss her and would like to try again but I think she has her mind set. From what it sounds like, you are focused with work and your business. Definitely use this time now that you are not in a relationship, to completely focus on your work and business. Also give yourself a break too. She was upset that you were not there enough because you were taking care of your responsibilities in your work life. Maybe that's a sign that you need to also give yourself some attention. Hope it all gets better for you!

DancingFool, I will take this advice and move on with this in the back of my head. Having a girl that also has a career path is very important, or else its not compatible like you said. Much love

Celiamarie,
    yes it can be difficult, but I am taking it day by day, and hey i am still working day in day out, so really focusing on that and putting the attention on me. <3 Thank you for answering and taking time out of the day to response

This is pretty obvious. She is done with you. Leave her alone and move on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice