LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My husband doesn't seem to love me anymore

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Is he having affairs that his people know about?
    Sadly, that's my first thought as well. Usually these kind of abrupt behavior changes are due to affairs.

Contrary to the others, I don't believe speaking about it will help but you can try. That's the usually a couple's first instinct and it's correct if you can sense a level of integrity or openness in your partner. He's been comfortable keeping information from you and has mentioned that he dislikes you invading his personal space (whatever that means). Do you check up on him? The marriage seems to have brought out anxieties and worries in you and that could have added to you trying to reach out more and him responding poorly to it. The bottomline is that he keeps things from you.

Does he have a history of keeping information from you? You've known him for awhile so you should have a fair idea of what he's capable of.

Well, I'm 26 and he's 26. We've been married for four years. As for how I heard her- I came home from the store and she was already there to visit him. I entered through the kitchen door and I could still hear bits of their conversation since our house isn't really that big. That's how it pretty much all went down.. But, you're right. I really should find out what's going on. I really appreciate your advice. Thanks!

Thank you so much! I love your advice and I really find it useful. I will definitely be having a talk with him and I feel kinda better that you gave me a few pointers

Actually, she did refer to me as "your wife". She usually refers to using my name. I guess it could've just been the way she said this one time... Not sure. I don't know why, but I just couldn't help but get nervous I could hear something I didn't wanna hear. Now I know I still have to talk to him either way

Yeah, I guess I'm still kinda worried he could bring up someone else up or even divorce. As you said, I really need to hear it from his own mouth. Thanks for the advice

"I could hear something I didn't wanna hear."

I can well imagine, Mary. Who would want to hear this:

"he didn't feel anything for me anymore and he no longer cared.""

This is just not some off-the-cuff remark.

He needs to level with you. It may not be pleasant listening. All the best.

I'm not really sure about that. Though it is something I fear, he seems like a pretty shy guy and he doesn't go out much. But since I also go out pretty often, who knows. I really am considering bringing it up to him

She said "your wife" because she's concerned, and being firm with him that he has to take responsibility for his marriage.

It's time to have a heart to heart conversation with him.

Since you go out often, maybe he's thinking you are the one having the affair.

Thank you so much! I'm not really sure about the 'fearing of being alone" thing but it could be a possibility with him.. i really shouldn't avoid talking and your advice (along with everybody else's) also helps me alot!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice