Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I feel like a total a hole and crazy.

I feel like a total a hole and crazy.

So, this is the first time that I decided to talk about what I've been battling internally on and off for months now. Just to keep it short I'm in a relationship with someone who is almost my equal. We get along, and we have a lot of the same interests, he is loved by family, by my child. But I don't know if my feelings are as strong for him as they once were when we first met 3 years ago. From meeting him three years ago, we had went our separate ways in year 2, and dated other people. I met somebody who was the complete opposite of me during that time, and the relationship was so good, everything was good we dated for 6 months. I honestly felt head over heels for this guy and I felt like I was falling in love with him. I wanted more out of the relationship. But he ended it, and it was because of the fact that he was having issues with money, felt like I was too dependent on him and also wasn't completely healed from his last relationship. Although a couple months later gave me the signal that he wanted to date again which we both ended up assuming it wasn't a good idea since it would be long distance. We stayed in touch on and off, he mainly would go out of his way to try to get me to meet up with him with his son and my kid. He'd ask me to come over and I did once but we didn't do anything inappropriate just hung out. But anyway any time he asked me to do anything I kept playing it off because I was starting to get close with the first guy again that I mentioned I've known for 3 years. So finally in April the guy who I said kept trying to get me to hangout with him and/or hangout with him and his son with my child, he messaged me one day and asked me if I wanted to be fwb and I told him no that I cant do that since I have other things going on in my life. A couple of weeks later I noticed he was dating someone. So I figured whatever and went on with my life and continued to get close with the other guy. But it has been a couple of months now where I cant even sleep without dreaming about the guy who I dated for 6 months. His little sisters follow me on social media and like my posts and I do the same back and I can't help but wonder if he wonders about me too. I hate myself for thinking about this man in ways that is not okay especially considering I'm in a relationship now. I can't even enjoy sex with my boyfriend now because all I do is think about this guy. I didn't mention but the 6 month relationship was a long distance relationship. And now I have to think about moving out of my apartment and there's a possibility that I might move where my ex lives because I have family there and its affordable. He lives ten minutes from my fathers house out of state. My boyfriend now might move with me but the thought of him coming out of state with me and moving somewhere where my ex lives, bothers me so much. Part of me also wants to be in a place alone although sometimes I want him there. I love my boyfriend and I truly appreciate him and want the best for him but I'm struggling with my emotions. I'm afraid to split ways because he has helped me and been there for me through the hardest things, he's been there for my child, my child loves him, and I just feel like a total . I've tried to push how I felt about my ex to the side for months and its like if I'm not thinking about it, I'm dreaming about it. Please help. I need advice and I'm desperate. I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Sorry to hear this. On/off relationships are fraught with confusion, drama and conflict. It's especially confusing for your child. Where is the child's father? Does he pay child support and have visitation/custody?

Move alone and do not live with guy#1. He's a security blanket, but you don't love him nor are you attracted to him.
    Originally Posted by celiamarie
    he is loved by family, by my child.

went our separate ways in year 2, and dated other people. We stayed in touch on and off

I was starting to get close with the first guy again that I mentioned I've known for 3 years. I can't even enjoy sex with my boyfriend now because all I do is think about this guy.

I'm afraid to split ways because he has helped me and been there for me through the hardest things.

My child's father is present in my kid's life. He does his part in being a dad. I do not want to make things confusing for my child. Which is why the guy I dated for those 6 months met my child two months after we were talking and that was the first person that I was just dating for a period of time during the off months, who has met my son. I've been on dates with people during the off months with my boyfriend now but none of those people met my kid.

I think you need time alone to relax and feel less pressured to be with anyone. Both of them don't sound like the right fit. The first guy you met three years ago is a security blanket. The other wants you as an fwb. I think you may be assuming too much or reading into his love life. Whatever he's doing with the other woman doesn't mean that the grass is greener. If you're looking for the total package, he still isn't it.

You seem lonely and stressed out. Hit time out and spend time with your family and child if you move. I wouldn't ask the first guy to come along (break it off) and I also wouldn't contact the second man. I don't think you're in the right frame of mind for a fwb. You seem too vulnerable emotionally and shaky. We've all been there. The dust will clear and when you're more like yourself you can reconnect with old friends. The time just isn't now.

Hope you feel better soon.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Sorry to hear this. On/off relationships are fraught with confusion, drama and conflict. It's especially confusing for your child. Where is the child's father? Does he pay child support and have visitation/custody?

Move alone and do not live with guy#1. He's a security blanket, but you don't love him nor are you attracted to him.
    My child's father is present in my kid's life. He does his part in being a dad. I do not want to make things confusing for my child. Which is why the guy I dated for those 6 months met my child two months after we were talking and that was the first person that I was just dating for a period of time during the off months, who has met my son. I've been on dates with people during the off months with my boyfriend now but none of those people met my kid.

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    I think you need time alone to relax and feel less pressured to be with anyone. Both of them don't sound like the right fit. The first guy you met three years ago is a security blanket. The other wants you as an fwb. I think you may be assuming too much or reading into his love life. Whatever he's doing with the other woman doesn't mean that the grass is greener. If you're looking for the total package, he still isn't it.

You seem lonely and stressed out. Hit time out and spend time with your family and child if you move. I wouldn't ask the first guy to come along (break it off) and I also wouldn't contact the second man. I don't think you're in the right frame of mind for a fwb. You seem too vulnerable emotionally and shaky. We've all been there. The dust will clear and when you're more like yourself you can reconnect with old friends. The time just isn't now.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Hi, thank you for your advice. You know I think deep down I know that's true, what you said. Because considering I have to move, I feel excited to move when I think of it just being myself and my child. I know I have things emotionally to work on, and I have things I want to do for myself and my son, and sometimes I get this feeling that maybe right now in my life I'm suppose to be alone in order for me to just become emotionally stronger with myself in regards to relationships and build my life. Also like you said reconnect with old friends. I don't have many friends and I barely make time to spend time with friends. I think the fact that guy #1 has been there for so long and I finally have a nice relationship with his family, and we've been through so much that it's like, am I so wrong to just want to be alone? I feel like a bad person to take away someone who my child has a relationship with. I feel bad about leaving him because I really do want him to succeed in life and I know that he's struggling to get his life together. I feel bad if I'm not there for him.

Please make paragraphs when you write a long post.

Originally Posted by melancholy123
    Please make paragraphs when you write a long post.
    I would if I was writing a college paper but I'm just asking for advice. I didn't think it was that serious?

Celia. It makes it a lot easier to read when in paragraphs, particularly when you are asking posters to give you advice and respond to your concerns.

This is quite uncalled for:

"I would if I was writing a college paper but I'm just asking for advice. I didn't think it was that serious?

Originally Posted by celiamarie
    Hi, thank you for your advice. You know I think deep down I know that's true, what you said. Because considering I have to move, I feel excited to move when I think of it just being myself and my child. I know I have things emotionally to work on, and I have things I want to do for myself and my son, and sometimes I get this feeling that maybe right now in my life I'm suppose to be alone in order for me to just become emotionally stronger with myself in regards to relationships and build my life. Also like you said reconnect with old friends. I don't have many friends and I barely make time to spend time with friends. I think the fact that guy #1 has been there for so long and I finally have a nice relationship with his family, and we've been through so much that it's like, am I so wrong to just want to be alone? I feel like a bad person to take away someone who my child has a relationship with. I feel bad about leaving him because I really do want him to succeed in life and I know that he's struggling to get his life together. I feel bad if I'm not there for him.
    I understand what you're saying. Some things I would explore... 1) The idea that you are responsible for another adult's happiness (your partner currently) and 2) the idea of being alone. I think they're related in your situation but they're separate issues.

Feeling comfortable with yourself will usually lead to the conviction that you are not responsible for anyone's successes or failures. It's not about being unkind or harsh or an a hole. It's about being all right with yourself and whatever your decisions may be. Your child may be your priority but if you are making decisions that override your happiness, this also means that your child has a mother who isn't right with herself. You're shooting yourself in the foot trying to move to the next chapter.

Thinking about others while in a relationship in passing, the occasional daydream or banner thought process is ok. Being so distracted that you can't function in the relationship or are reconsidering your future with this person isn't. Maybe deep down you know that your current partner provides the emotional stability for your family but he lacks also in other areas. You haven't reconciled that yet. Remember that total package I was talking about? Every one of us is a work in progress so there's only perfection in someone where we want to see it. You don't see it in either man though - that part is evident from your words or reactions to both of them.

Follow your gut instincts.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice