Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it bad to just give up on the day?

Is it bad to just give up on the day?

To be honest, I don't even know what the heck is going on right now. Yesterday, we had a great day and night.

Well, this morning, it kinda started off weird from the get-go. We talked last night about maybe having sex in the morning, and I was actually really game, but instead he got up early and went downstairs. So, okay. Then I started to clean up the kitchen from last night, as I usually do.. and, I grabbed the air fryer to return it to the basement and he kinda stuttered.. and then I realized we needed it for lunch today. It's a thing for him to get frustrated with me when I am forgetful. But even more hilarious is I was just trying to be a more tidy person by putting it away, because he has also come down on me for being messy.

His attitude in his words start, because already there is tension over the stupid air fryer. I wish I could stop myself from being so sensitive and just having every bad feeling come flooding back when situations like this happen.

Then, we come to find out that draft kings suspended his account because I loaded money onto it from my bank and the account info didn't match his name. So, I think he got frustrated over that. He said (and it's true), there's no way either of us could have known it was against terms of service. But he was just being really rude and kinda sarcastic toward me. So I stopped talking. He stopped talking as well.

It's awkward to be in a room with tension and silence so I left to be alone. He mentions im not taking to him. I say you're not talking to me. He says, well you're on your phone all the time (no I'm not, but today i am because I'm bored). I say that I'm upset because he was rude to me. He doesn't say anything.

It takes 2 hours later and the same conversation fir him to atleast apologize, but he does so in a way I feel us insincere.

I get more angry because he is seemingly doing nothing to remedy this. I get stubborn and declare to myself that I will not be the bigger person. We spend the day not really talking and sort of doing our own thing.

He left to go upstairs and didn't say anything. Didn't realize that he had decided to go to bed until he didn't come back.

Grabbed my pillow and I'm now on the couch for bed. Ya know.. since we're just leaving/doing things without telling each other now.

I'm hoping tomorrow gives us an opportunity to talk. I gave up on this day a long time ago.

Is this normal behaviour (from both of you) in your relationship? If so, I would say you two are incompatible and maybe time to rethink the relationship and call it quits. There seems to be so much tension in the air one can hardly breathe. Certainly not conducive to making a happy relationship. As an outsider looking in, I would walk. I would not have time, nor patience, nor energy to live in such a negative environment (but that's just me).

Sounds like a mountain is being made of a mole hill. Some stubborn immature behavior on both sides to end what was an otherwise nice weekend. I'd go in the bedroom and sleep in the bed with him. Make amends.

Platinum Member
    Are you supporting this guy? It would be helpful if you would give more history?

How old are you two? 12? The level of nonsense is high. Fussing over an air fryer you were going to put away. Big deal, just go get it and put it back in the kitchen. Not worth an iota of tension or anger.

Sounds like you are incompatible with each other.

Platinum Member
    I would guess there are far more serious problems in your relationship than an air fryer. That is a symptom of deep resentment and frustration with each other.

Are you often this tense? What is the backstory here?

Your number 1 focus should be obtaining gainful employment and getting Out of his house.

Stop topping up his games with your cards. Keep finances separate. Pay your share until you can move back home.

Living in his place isn't working. It's been fraught with abuse. Just get a job and get out.

I wouldn't just give up on the day, I'd give up on the relationship.

Everything in this relationship sounds like a frickin booby trap.

Who gets angry about an air fryer?

Why do you want to live with this person? How can you ever feel comfortable?

Is it bad to just give up on the day?
    I don't really understand what this means.

I agree with Wiseman. I'm going to skip to the question and just say it's okay to go your separate ways but ultimately if it keeps happening the relationship won't survive. It's a very slow death even if the both of you do still have good times together or are able to laugh and function in other ways.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice