He ghosted me

AmeliaGRAY

So there is this guy that I added on facebook. (We are 800km away but in the same country) I am in my late twenties.

Our families are friends but he doesn't seem to remember me. Anyway, we started talking and he was the one that initiated calling me. We talked about everything and nothing. He kept bugging me about why I reached out to him and that I was maybe flirting with him and of course, I brushed it off with laughs...

Then, out of the blue, he just stopped contacting me but still checking my stories. I initiated contact but nothing from his side, taking into account that it's a very busy time for him.

Then, after one month, I texted him to see if he was available because I was going to visit friends in his city, he texted me right back and even called me.

Then when being there, I texted him but it turned out that he was in another city. He asked me when am I going back, I answered and then NOTHING NOTHING.

P.s: it was the beginning of the lockdown when I arrived to his city.

I am over it and yet I am still wanting to get to him.

I am taking it as a challenge even.

Sounds like the only reason he is even talking to you at all is because your families are supposedly friends and he supposedly should know who you are, yet you've left so little impression that he doesn't actually remember meeting you. Basically, he is not even remotely interested in you and made sure to be out of town when you were in town in order to avoid dealing with you.

The whole "I'm determined to get to him and it's a challenge" makes you sound completely cray cray. You might want to rethink your life and what you are doing with it, if forcing yourself onto someone sounds like a good endeavor to you.

That's a bummer. If you want to see him quite a lot, do you have feelings for him? Don't fall for someone you don't know. You may have fallen for a figment of your imagination as you haven't spent much time together and don't know each other very well. Cut down on the texting, disconnect from social media for awhile or don't respond next time so soon. Give yourself a break from the illusion of thinking you both are friends or something more.

He's showing you that he doesn't value your time and that's a huge disclaimer and red flag. Now's a good time for a reality check.

It seems like he realized you were chasing him for a date/meet/hookup and wasn't interested. Get on some quality (paid) dating apps with a good profile and pics and start talking to and Meeting Local men. Don't chase remote uninterested phantoms.

So there is this guy that I added on facebook. (We are 800km away but in the same country)

Then when being there, I texted him but it turned out that he was in another city. He asked me when am I going back, I answered and then NOTHING

Since he never bothered to explain why he's fading and drifting away from you, then ghost him back.

If you're bothered by the fact that he's constantly checking up on your FB out of curiosity's sake, then permanently block and delete him.

He's not seriously interested in you so return the favor and do likewise. Call it quits and move on. Don't challenge because he's not worth your time and energy.

What I found a bit worrying about your post is you said: "I'm taking it as a challenge even". You shouldn't be thinking of it as a challenge if someone is clearly not interested in you. Continuing to chase someone who's not responsive is actually kinda creepy. I think you need to respect that if someone is hardly replying or ghosting, they are simply not interested and it's their right to be not interested. Besides, it's not like this guy actually ever said that he's actually into you or that you would go on a date. Maybe he was just trying to be friendly, but not in a romantic way.

Archived