LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friend also likes incredible girl

Friend also likes incredible girl

I found someone who is once in a lifetime, shes incredible and breathtaking. I told my friend that I liked her and he said he also did, we made an agreement not to go ahead. Im not sure what to do.

edit: weve both known her for a year, were (me and my friend) 8 year friends
    Last edited by HelpRequired; 11-03-2020 at 08:29 AM. Reason: forgot information

Well, if you agreed not to go ahead, what's to do?

Platinum Member
    So are you both close with this girl? Does she like either one of you? Surely you would have some idea if she's into you or your friend? You should be able to tell if you've known her for a year? If she's not romantically interested in either of you then obviously it's not really a problem because nothing was going to happen anyway.

Why do you need to step down? Some sort of bro code?. Ask her out if you wish.
    She will date whoever she's interested in, not whatever a coin flip between you and your friend dictates.
    Originally Posted by HelpRequired
    I found someone who is once in a lifetime, shes incredible and breathtaking. I told my friend that I liked her and he said he also did, we made an agreement not to go ahead. Im not sure what to do.

edit: weve both known her for a year, were (me and my friend) 8 year friends

Stupid move sorry to be blunt.

I had a friend that was terrible with girls and he would get a crush on some girl we both met so I would back off like an idiot. He of course never got anywhere and by then if I tried I wasn't a good friend. I passed up so many chances to help this guy out...

Don't be like me. If you are good friends then if one of you is lucky enough to start dating this girl the other should be happy for you even if you are a little jealous.

Tell him you think each of you should give it a shot with her and let he decide or see what happens. After all she will be the one deciding anyways right?

If your friendship cannot survive this chances are it isn't all that strong anyways.

Lost

She may not be single or interested in either of you. I do think it was premature to vote yourselves out of the fun of finding out. Maybe limit your time with this friend if you both are butting heads so often or tend to be into the same women. Some healthy distance is good.

Way back in the 9th grade, a young Lamb had a crush on a boy.....

but alas boy liked Lamb's bff. 10 or so years later Lamb was bridesmaid in boy and bff's wedding. lol

true story....

It's not up to you guys who she likes. don't promise things you don't want to. There are other girls even the once in a lifetime versions. You will live many lives and taste well change. lol. Tell your bud you're doing you and if she likes him instead. you'll gladly step back.

Don't let her play you guys though... she only gets to pick once.

Surely there are other "incredible" and "breathtaking" girls out there. Keep your buddy and honor your commitment and another lovely lady will be along shortly. A good friend may not be.

No one is Once in a Lifetime. You have her on too much of a pedestal.

You don't need your friend's permission to date the girl. If he asks her, too, let her decide which guy she prefers.

However, since you both agreed not to go ahead and if your friendship is not worth risking and losing, then don't do anything.

In the future, you don't need to tell your friend or anybody if you're interested in a girl. Keep your opinions to yourself and ask a girl out without competition from a friend.

How do you know that she would like either of you. If she is a once in a lifetime girl. Dont you both owe it to yourselves to find out. I am sure if she likes one she would not like the other. Has this ever happened between you two before?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice