Friend also likes incredible girl

HelpRequired

So are you both close with this girl? Does she like either one of you? Surely you would have some idea if she's into you or your friend? You should be able to tell if you've known her for a year? If she's not romantically interested in either of you then obviously it's not really a problem because nothing was going to happen anyway.

Why do you need to step down? Some sort of bro code?. Ask her out if you wish.

She will date whoever she's interested in, not whatever a coin flip between you and your friend dictates.

I found someone who is once in a lifetime, she’s incredible and breathtaking. I told my friend that I liked her and he said he also did, we made an agreement not to go ahead. I’m not sure what to do.

edit: we’ve both known her for a year, we’re (me and my friend) 8 year friends

Stupid move sorry to be blunt.

I had a friend that was terrible with girls and he would get a crush on some girl we both met so I would back off like an idiot. He of course never got anywhere and by then if I tried I wasn't a good friend. I passed up so many chances to help this guy out...

Don't be like me. If you are good friends then if one of you is lucky enough to start dating this girl the other should be happy for you even if you are a little jealous.

Tell him you think each of you should give it a shot with her and let he decide or see what happens. After all she will be the one deciding anyways right?

If your friendship cannot survive this chances are it isn't all that strong anyways.

Lost

Way back in the 9th grade, a young Lamb had a crush on a boy.....

but alas boy liked Lamb's bff. 10 or so years later Lamb was bridesmaid in boy and bff's wedding. lol

true story....

It's not up to you guys who she likes. don't promise things you don't want to. There are other girls even the once in a lifetime versions. You will live many lives and taste well change. lol. Tell your bud you're doing you and if she likes him instead. you'll gladly step back.

Don't let her play you guys though... she only gets to pick once.

Surely there are other "incredible" and "breathtaking" girls out there. Keep your buddy and honor your commitment and another lovely lady will be along shortly. A good friend may not be.

No one is Once in a Lifetime. You have her on too much of a pedestal.

You don't need your friend's permission to date the girl. If he asks her, too, let her decide which guy she prefers.

However, since you both agreed not to go ahead and if your friendship is not worth risking and losing, then don't do anything.

In the future, you don't need to tell your friend or anybody if you're interested in a girl. Keep your opinions to yourself and ask a girl out without competition from a friend.

So you see your friend as having better chance at getting her am I right? You knew he liked her too you could see it and possibly witnessing him getting too close to her for your liking. You couldn't stand to see him with her because it would have killed you inside so you did this so called honor pact, to make sure he agrees not to date her. Now here you are feeling regret because you can't help yourself, you want to be with her, have her. You want to find a way to renege on your deal but as long as you know she is willing to date you. You want to find a way around this.

Archived