Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Online date advise

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    5

    Online date advise

    I have met a guy on a dating app and I felt that we really connected after our first date. I really liked him and I think he liked me. The next day I met him with another woman. it was awkward. We acted like we did not notice each other. I am not sure who she is. It probably just means he is not into me. Any advice? Should i just forget him and move on - I do not want to do it though. Should I act as nothing happened?

  2. #2
    Platinum Member Jibralta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,179
    Gender
    Female
    It sounds like he is dating around. That's fine and dandy... but if I went through the whole scenario that you described with the other woman and not noticing each other, it would probably ruin the mood for me.

    What I'm saying is, I'd leave him be and find some other pursuits.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    5
    Originally Posted by Jibralta
    It sounds like he is dating around. That's fine and dandy... but if I went through the whole scenario that you described with the other woman and not noticing each other, it would probably ruin the mood for me.

    What I'm saying is, I'd leave him be and find some other pursuits.
    It ruined the day for me. I kind of like him anyway. Just do not know what to do. Thanks for answering though

  4. #4
    Platinum Member Rose Mosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,538
    The second meet up doesn't sound like a date and more of a group hang out. How old are you?

    If you like him, ask him who that was because he goofed and didn't introduce the two of you. See how he responds. Either way, get the answer if you like him. There's no sense in leaving things hanging like that.

  5.  

  6. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    5
    Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    The second meet up doesn't sound like a date and more of a group hang out. How old are you?

    If you like him, ask him who that was because he goofed and didn't introduce the two of you. See how he responds. Either way, get the answer if you like him. There's no sense in leaving things hanging like that.
    I do not feel like I can ask him who it was since we only met with him once and he certainly can do whatever he wants. On the other hand, I feel like even if he liked me enough for a second date he is probably turned off since this meeting when he was with another woman was uncomfortable.

  7. #6
    Platinum Member Rose Mosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,538
    If the vibe was completely off at the second meet and the spark wasn't there or he hasn't contacted you since, it's safe to say he's not interested. She could have been a friend, a friend's sister, a cousin, etc. Don't read into it. It was awkward and it shouldn't have been that way.

    He should have introduced the both of you. Not doing so is rude and disrespectful of both of you. I don't think this person has enough sense to date so it's probably for the best. Don't be too discouraged. There are all kinds out there.

  8. #7
    Platinum Member SherrySher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    7,219
    Some people multidate. Being as you and he have only went out recently, he probably feels that it's fine to still date other women.
    Most people don't stop multi-dating until they and another person agree to be exclusive.

    But there are a lot men and women out there though that don't want to multi-date and only date one person at all a time.
    Unfortunately, it's not this man.

  9. #8
    Platinum Member SherrySher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    7,219
    My advice is for you to change your profile and to specify that you are not multi-dating, you only want to date one person at a time and hope that whoever you date, wants the same.

    That way you can weed out the ones who want to date around.

    But yeah, I think things are too weird now with this man to continue. No doubt he felt embarrassed and things will be more than awkward now.

  10. #9
    Platinum Member melancholy123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    6,798
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by lora11
    I do not feel like I can ask him who it was since we only met with him once and he certainly can do whatever he wants. On the other hand, I feel like even if he liked me enough for a second date he is probably turned off since this meeting when he was with another woman was uncomfortable.
    Could be he's dating someone else or maybe she is his sister! You won't know if you dont ask.

  11. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    5
    Originally Posted by melancholy123
    Could be he's dating someone else or maybe she is his sister! You won't know if you dont ask.
    Not a sister. I asked. I just do not want him to feel confronted because he really does not own me anything at this point. We just had one date and I do not want to ruin it (if there is anything to ruin)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Videos


Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •