LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Struggling with making the decision

Platinum Member
    Angel harnesses or a homemade version can help with blindness (its like an angle halo that extends out so that it hits the wall before the dog does.
    Has the dog received antibiotics for infections?
    There are a few funds that you can apply to for medical bills - maybe you can talk to a rescue about local resources that might help with insulin

Originally Posted by abitbroken
    Angel harnesses or a homemade version can help with blindness (its like an angle halo that extends out so that it hits the wall before the dog does.
    Has the dog received antibiotics for infections?
    There are a few funds that you can apply to for medical bills - maybe you can talk to a rescue about local resources that might help with insulin
    Yes, I've seen the harnesses.. but I think it would inhibit him from drinking water which he drinks a lot of. I of course get him on medication at the first sign of any infection, be it urinary or ear infection. These past 3 months have really just been cycle after cycle of meds. I think he is spending more days taking anti-biotics than not lately. I am luckily able to afford it, it's just eating away at my savings and becoming a huge expense each month.

I spent a lot of time crying yesterday just thinking about letting him go. I am rationalizing it more, coming to better terms with it. I watched him for a bit last night and his tummy was gurgling, he kept changing positions to lie in, so I believe he is in discomfort. I will go soon. Maybe Monday.

Bronze Member
    You're doing the kindest thing. If he's blind, looking like he's in discomfort and you're waking to find him in a little pool of urine then, unfortunately, it is the right time.

I went through the same thing 2 weeks ago having to put my own dog to sleep so I very much feel your pain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice