Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First good date in awhile

Me: G’morning gorgeous, what time-ish is the party?

Her:good morning, I think everyone’s coming about 8

Me: okay, byob?

Her: yes, we will have shots and snacks

Me: okay great, looking forward to seeing you again

Her: it’s going to be an interesting evening

That last line struck me a little funny.

Platinum Member
    I wouldn't read into it -it's a text. Enjoy!

So the Halloween party went about as great as it possibly could. Had a ton of fun and ended up staying the night, this time sleeping together that night and the following morning. She made me breakfast and I left a little after noon.

I was feeling really comfortable so o went ahead and invited her to my house for dinner and a movie we talked about at the party for Monday night. Really soon but to my surprise she accepted. She came to my place for the first time and it was another nice evening with food and a movie and some cuddling in bed and we slept together again before she left a little before midnight. Again, got to know a little more about each other and enjoy each other’s company.

Yet still, virtually no messaging or even much contact all day today, and if I don’t initiate I wouldn’t be surprised if I didn’t hear much of anything until I ask her out again. Sure, she’s probably just not much of a texter or she’s busy or just isn’t the type to need to hear much in between dates. Either way I am in a bit of a slow period in my life right now and probably don’t have enough on my plate to keep me busy, therefore would like to hear more from her in between. I shouldn’t need or want it but I do probably because of too much time on my hands.

Am I wrong to gauge her interest on that? Maybe ask her out for a night this weekend in a couple of days and see what she says.

Platinum Member
    Constant contact fizzles things too quickly. A real relationship develops with spending quality time together...not by staring at a screen. I hate texting with a passion. Never gauge interest based on the constant need for instant gratification from constant empty validation. You can make a million followers and FB friends, but doesn't mean they are friends. Learn to be bored. It will get your creative juices flowing

Originally Posted by tattoobunnie
    Constant contact fizzles things too quickly. A real relationship develops with spending quality time together...not by staring at a screen. I hate texting with a passion. Never gauge interest based on the constant need for instant gratification from constant empty validation. You can make a million followers and FB friends, but doesn't mean they are friends. Learn to be bored. It will get your creative juices flowing
    This^^
    To answer your question. Yes, do not guage her interest based on electronic exchanges.

It's real time that matters here and your dates sound amazing.

If at some point you feel you need more (reasonably) you can ask. Just not now.

In the meantime live in moment, don't focus on the time in between.

Enjoy the slow period! Getting to know someone is exciting and fun... keep it lighthearted and enjoy the in-person time together. Consider the alternative - is it appealing to get to know about someone's life and all the details of their morning routine and evening routine way before you've had a chance to share those moments in real time?

I've had my fair share of relationships. I can tell you it's a lot more rewarding seeing someone smile or hearing a lull in a story or conversation, sitting with someone and sharing a meal and picking up subtle clues about the person in person than it is having all that information fed to me in a text format.

Enjoy getting to know each other. Find hobbies to take up or join a few online meet ups or interest groups. It's healthy to have time spent away thinking about the person you're seeing. I think you're doing great.

Thank you for the replies, they were refreshing to read this morning!

Would you rather stare at words on a tiny screen or have fun, quality dates?

So this was a few days ago, Wednesday afternoon.

M: G’afternoon pretty lady :) have any plans Saturday night?

H: good afternoon :) no plans Saturday yet but my friend is having a bonfire Friday if you’re interested

M: yeah I probably would be. I’m working until 8 Friday and Saturday though so I wouldn’t be able to meet up until 930ish depending on where it is. If you want to make Saturday plans that is.

H: Saturday sounds good. We’ll figure something out

M: what time is this bonfire?

Nothing since then. I get people get busy but never checked her messages in a couple days? I’m thinking I’m making plans for tonight since I didn’t hear back about the fire. Just go along with Saturday evening and go have fun. To me, if she thinks about me at all she’d check her phone and see my question within a few days. I fear average interest or maybe dating others as well.

I suspect when you mutually agreed to the bonfire, that is set. Asking what time, she may have either not seen that or had to talk to someone about the time and confirm it with you. It could have easily gotten away from her.
    You do have a date Saturday. Don't get stuck on the details. Safe to say it will be well underway by the time you get there. What time is starts doesn't really matter.
    Trust she'll get back to you.
    I get the her style of communicating (or lack there of) causes you to feel uneasy. But you need to step back and give her the opportunity to meet you half way. Or in this case, part way.

I can remember a time being the same situation. The really long stretches of silence inbetween caused me anxiety. I could tell my anxiety over this was running the show when I was having these internal arguements in my head convincing myself why reaching out (when I really knew better not to) was warranted. I would delete his number so I wouldn't be tempted. I know it sounds silly. But the anxiety went away when the temptation was removed. And . . . you guessed it. He would ultimately reach out.
    It's way more rewarding to wait it out then it is to being the one to do all the heavy lifting and wondering if it it's for nothing

Her communication is different than yours, but trust her fingers aren't broken.
    The last argument is, if she doesn't respond, at least you know now and could put a stake it in and be done.
    You don't need to convince anyone to like you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice