LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update to my situation

Update to my situation

Hello guys again, who have been helping me with my previous thread and questions, I followed your advice and decided to let go of my ex bf and was working on myself , however yesterday he messaged me telling me he wants me back although he know he was selfish and don't deserve me , I told him maybe we can talk and meet in person, "we haven't seen each other since the breakup" , then I was shocked he told me at the same moment that maybe we should stay like we are and not get back together " meanwhile moment before he told me he wants me back" , I was heart broken again and didn't say anything things , he told me he was sorry , I stopped talking later at night he told me he was having problems and still wants to meet me ana talk ????

Block and delete. Every time you hear from him, it sets you back to square one in closure. He said he doesn't deserve you and he knows himself better than anyone. Believe him.

Platinum Member
    I agree. What was the type of work you were doing on yourself? What were the results of the work? How did the work you were doing on yourself square with you taking the call and suggesting to meet in person, and telling yourself that you could consider getting back together?

Making new activities , studying new stuff , work out.. stuff like that

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Mayo l22
    Making new activities , studying new stuff , work out.. stuff like that
    What activities did you do? What new stuff did you study? What did that have to do with working on "yourself" -what results have you seen? Were you not working out before? Why not? I think working out is an awesome way to work on yourself -it's how I do (since 1982!). Or did you just use the work on yourself throwaway or tell yourself that's what you're doing? My sense is if you took his call, offered to meet and got your hopes up that this "work" was more of the trendy "Ok now I'm single and going to work on myself". I don't see that you're committed to doing the work where your goal is to have a sense of self worth so that your reaction would have been more like "um thank but no thanks you take care now, k?"

I think I've said this several times now - this guy is not a good person. Now he is telling you to your face himself the exact same thing.

You told him to leave you alone, he threw out the ultimate carrot - let's get back together. Except....ALL he was looking for from you is an ego stroke. To see that you are still sad and pathetic, sitting around pining for his greatness and he can still yank your chain.

He dangled that bait and you took it immediately. The second you did, game over. He doesn't really want to after all. It was all just a game for him. So where does that leave you? Heartbroken and confused and it will go on like this until you find the guts to kick him out of your life for real, block and delete and embrace the principle that the first break up is the final one.

The work you need to do on yourself is to solve your codependent tendencies. Google that and work on that. Being unable to let go is very toxic to you and will ruin your life as you'll attract terrible people to you and won't walk away from them.

It's long distance, he is not giving you clear signals that he wants to reconcile. Don't settle for fwb, "friends" or hookups.
    Originally Posted by Mayo l22
    yesterday he messaged me telling me he wants me back although he know he was selfish and don't deserve me , I told him maybe we can talk and meet in person

Block and delete and move on.

I agree with everyone else.

Please block and delete him on everything. This guy is bad news so remove him from your life!

He is playing games with your heart and enjoys it. Pretty sick if you ask me.

Lost

He just wants a little attention. It's what people like that feed on because they need validation from others to feel good. In isolation, they don't do so well. He can't do without hearing someone say they still want him.

What do you do? Cut it off. Cut off contact and grow forwards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice