Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: He broke up with me while pregnant

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Lambert
    I'm so sorry he is doing this. I am sure it is making your head spin. I suggest you turn all your concern for him around. Focus all that energy on your health and the health of your baby. You have to be strong because you're a mother and he is being selfish. This is showing you a great deal about his character, his mental health, his maturity etc.

I personally would be mad at him for doing this, hurting me, stressing me out. I'd leave him alone. He may come to his senses and at that point, for the baby's sake, I'd give him a chance to make things right. But there is no way I would beg this guy to be my partner or a dad to our child. He will be responsible financially, but he will not be wishy washy to my kid or to their mother (me).

Find your strength. If you tolerate this behavior now or coddle him, you are setting up the opportunity for this to become a pattern in your relationship, which will not only be horrible for you, but also a terrible example for the child.

You gotta think about things for two now. Its not just you anymore. You must make good choices and take steps that support the life you want, based on who this guy is, not what you wish he could be.
    I agree and since you are not married make sure you establish his paternity, for child support. I'm sorry you are going through this.

Sounds to me like he does not want to be a father. If you have this child he is obligated to provide for it's care for 18 years, doesn't matter if he wants it or not.

Platinum Member
    Im so sorry this is happening to you. Like the others said the child legally is still his responsibility if he likes it or not.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice